Foot Brake for 06 Yamaha Road Star Warrior

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by devnull, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Ok, Yestday I got caught in the snow storm, got thrown, and ended up sheering off my foot break. I need a replacement one quickly, and the dealership wants to charge me @$120 for just the bar/peg. Does anyone know a place thats local (ish) to Lynnwood, WA that either has OEM or Aftermarket parts that would be cheaper?

2. oak

oak At Banned Camp

seattle cycle center would probably be your best bet, unless you're willing to go to Auburn and hit up Cyclegear.

3. gixxerjeff

gixxerjeff emw2k9 beer pong champions

4. Newbie

you could try bent bike.

5. gixxerjeff

gixxerjeff emw2k9 beer pong champions

bent bike is a piece of shit shop. their selection for sportsbike post 1992 is crap

6. Already tried Ebay ... nothing there I could use, Bent Bike has mainly older parts ... especially unlikely as mine is an '06. I'll try Seattle Cycle Barn, but that will still be dealership prices and they don't really even carry the Warrior normally (so not likely to have parts on hand).

7. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

M/C Salvage yards, I.E. Bent Bike? Opps. www.WMRRA.com
    maybe some one has a take off?

8. james1300

Johnson & Wood, north Hoywood, Ca.
    HUGE Salvage yard
    1-800-559-8086

9. UrfavNME

UrfavNME AnthonyADMulisha<br />Admit or Deny!?!?

Picture? Pic? Photo? Visual aid? Diorama? Lets see it!

10. how do I post a pic?

11. we could get you the oem one or a woodcraft one since we are now woodcraft dealers as well!

pm or call me for prices!

12. UrfavNME

Do you have a photobucket account? if so then Upload the picture, once it's uploaded, it gives you the

HTML code,
    TAG code,
    IMG code, And for PNWriders you will always use the IMG code, so once it's loaded there, double click or copy the IMG code, then paste it into a post box like this one and post your reply.

If you dont have a photobucket account, get one! Easy and useful.

www.photobucket.com free register, no spam from it, then click browse, find your pic file, upload it, then from there what I already said.

Ayup.

13. Does this work?

[​IMG]

14. FastCat

Yup - that works fine. :mfclap:

Dude, for what you're doing, just order the new part(s) from your favorite dealer, and in the meantime drill a small hole in the end of that arm and use a M6 or 1/4-20 bolt with a couple nuts and flatwashers to make a new "pedal" on the end of the arm. Yeah, it will look frankenstein, :scared but you'll be able to ride safely while waiting for the pretty new parts to arrive. :mrgreen:

15. UrfavNME

Meh, from the pic it doesnt look too bad. Plus I'm sure you can survive without the foot brake for a bit. Good luck!

16. james1300

Do what Fast Kat says! You will be riding tonite!

Call Johnson and Woods!

17. Its also not engaging the tail light when i pull on the lever ... does it just need more force ... or could something else be damanged? Also, I think I'll need to drill out the metal thats in the hole right now.

18. james1300

So add some more force, and drill out the metal!
    Its not like your going to hurt it!

19. lol ... I'm gonna! Not that I'd be driving tonight ... getting out of my parking lot is gonna suck as it is! I DID, on the other hand, find someone with a spare ... not the right color, but who cares ... so I'll have it in a few days for much cheaper than dealer. And when I have more money, I'll buy the one that matches ... or a cooler one!:cheers:

20. drill a hole, and use a bolt, put a nut on both sides of the break arm. and your good until one comes in the mail.