Fundraiser 4 Ty... (Westside)

Discussion in 'Westside' started by 443mvemt, Jun 20, 2006.

1. 443mvemt

443mvemt Track Medic

Sunday June 25th Noon till ???? Bike/Car wash with Spaghetti feed and Raffle to raise money for Ty and his family... All donations welcome... Everyone welcome.. Bike or not!!!

ok so the RMC is in they are more than happy to let us use their lot for the gathering!! No problem using their water... and their power to keep food warm!! They have also offered to help with a little bit of the expenses for the spaghetti feed..
    So heres my thought for the Food and bike/Car wash.
    Meet at the RMC at noon
    (after the ride depending on what the ride is... still working that one out... Maybe A quickie up 405.. across I-90 or 520 even tho its falling apart .. then back down to RMC not very long but kinda past The hospital.. It was pointed out to me that there is a bunch of construction at the hospital and some very intimidating hills by it... so that MAY not be a great idea.. Also was pointed out that many of the riders may not want to be riding up to Everett then back down to Renton for the wash and food.. so anyone with Ride Ideas go for it.. Im sure him being a rider and all ANY ride 4 him would be a good ride... Now to figure out where... And for those late arrivals Im sure there could be an EVENING ride planned IM out tho because I have to head to work... But the ride out the Maple Valley Highway from renton has many many roads that branch off of it that are good roads.. if anyone wants to join me on my way out to Maple Valley where I work then head out on the other roads.. Lets do it!!)

So anyone that can help with a Ride route lets do it!!!
    So ride B4.... then meet up at RMC wash some bikes.. cars.. eat some food.. I also have some services that have been donated for us to raffle off to help raise somemore money for Ty and his family... So on top of being able to donate the money to him and his family into the Account that is being set up we can continue to collect donations and show our support on sunday THE 25th....
    So lets get this thing going while its all fresh in our minds and help out our fellow rider.

We have 7 cans of sauce 6lbs ground beef 7 bags of spaghetti noodles..
    Campstoves for cooking the noodles
    Roaster for making the sauce...
    Tables.. Canopy for cover... Hoses...
    Anyone wanting to help out at the wash or help with cooking more than welcome!!!

ok so i have some services to raffle off.. That have been donated!!
    one free oil change with pick up and drop off from Shawn of Halpin Custom Sportbikes...... www.halpincustomsportbikes.com

And the other stuff is from Mike, James and Barry of AMI MotorSports in Puyallup are giving us two free oil changes.. one free mount and balance on a set of tires....
    Just wanted to pass this along to everyone...

We will be doing the raffle on this sunday... drawing names at like 430...

2. A benevolent account has been set up at Cascade Bank for Lee Tyrrell Bordenet.

You can stop at any Cascade Bank branch to make a deposit or you can mail them funds. The account number is 5602100669.

The account already has a balance of $50.

3. You have AMI and RMC supprt so far, and they are in different locations.
    So another idea would to have another or couple dealerships offering something and make it a poker ride between the places ending @ RMC for food. It adds for fun plus even if you dont want to ride to RMC you can ride to closest poker location (puyallup, ???) to show your support. It brings in bikes to each shop which also makes the dealerships more happy.

4. Awesome job, Rich!

5. 443mvemt

443mvemt Track Medic

Awww Shucks.... :oops:

My Wife Mary.... Cherie and all the others who are volunteering their time and Cooking or Washing skills need thanks too!!!!

Vtwin... Sounds like fun.. But AMI isnt open on sundays.... But still a good idea....

6. Well I know about 10 guys up here in the everett area and I love Rowlex's Idea of an awarness ride. I Also feel like a showing at the hospitle is a great Idea, I herd A touching story about an unnamed boy who was dying of leukemia. He told his mother that he wanted to be a firefighter when he grew up, so she called their local fire department in Phoenix and with the help of big-hearted "Fireman Bob," the little boys wish came true. He was a firefighter for a day with a little uniform and all. Later, as the end came for him, the firefighters came to the hospital with a ladder truck, climbed up the ladder to his widow, and joined him in his room as he breathed his last.. I think that this is similar to showing up at the hospitle.

I pray to god that Ty does pull through and I somehow think that a moment of silence on the side of their hospitle room would be so appreciated. I think we should tell the family to look out their window at say 3 or something and have all of the people that can attend out front with helmets and bikes off... And if we feel so inclined a moment of prayer. I know this would be a life changing moment for the family and friends, and hopefully he will be recovering to the point that he can see it as well. BUT take pics just in case for the family as well. Just my .02 I will be at RMC sunday. I will find a way to get there.

7. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Where do we send Checks to? We have no Cascade Bank, in the Tri-Cities.

8. the Sammamish branch's address is

Cascade Bank
    2902 228th Ave SE
    Sammamish, WA 98075

My daughter emptied her piggy bank and is ready to deposit all her coins into the account. She's so proud of herself (and so am I)

9. Thanks for taking the initiative to set this up! I'll be out of town this weekend, but will definitely donate to the account!

God Bless!

10. I'll be there. I would really like to ride to the hospital as well.

11. ninjaofdoom

ninjaofdoom <a href="http://pnwriders.com/motorcycle-talk/8554

My sunday has now been reserved for this! Meet at RMC for the ride? Count me in. :mfclap: :mfclap:

12. I am friends with Theresa and Ty. I've been reading your threads and wanted to join in to help tap everyone outside of this group for donations. Cherie, thanks for organizing this. I may have a contact to help with PR.

13. Locations of Cascade Bank branches Here.

Cascade Bank has opened a benevolent account for Lee Tyrrell Bordenet. You can stop in any branch location and make a deposit to this account using his name or the account number listed above.

Cascade Bank is a local bank that is headquartered in Everett, Washington. If you can't stop in at one of the branch locations you can mail your donation to:
    Cascade Bank
    2902 228th Avenue SE
    Sammamish, WA 98075

I will be setting up a paypal account for donations as well and will post it here as soon as I get it set up.

For any PR activities (newspapers, magazines, TV news, online news or other websites) that are generated for fund raising activities please be sure to include Cascade Bank and the account information as well as PNWRiders.

If you have any links to the PR activities listed above please send them to me.

I would like to thank Cascade Bank for handling this account, they will not be charging any transactions fees for it so 100% of all donations will go to Ty's family.

If you have any questions about donations or this account send me a PM.

14. ninjaofdoom

A big +1 to alerting local news. Maybe more cars would show up to be washed/donate. Or at least show we arent all heartless wreckless hooligans.

We're pulling for you Ty!

15. Maybe I missed this, but what time does everything down at RMC start/end?

16. +1 I would like to show support in anyway we can though.

17. livestar

livestar Forum Flaming Firecrotch

ok i have no idea what the RMC is does it stand for something or even where it is close to like a reference point just wondering for those of us out of the Seattle area who want to show up someone should post something about directions that are readable or give the location address so we can google it. Just letting everyone know that some of us aren't from Seattle and will need directions on how to get there or an address. oN THE ride we should think about wearing something to signify Ty like an armband or something with his initials and maybe sell them for donations for Ty so on the ride others like cage drivers know what happen since we don't hav sirens like what the police do when a man goes down we could have something signifying what the ride is about and it might make them more aware of who we are. just a thought.

18. ninjaofdoom

RMC is short for Renton Motorcyles, a HUGE bike dealership in Renton. Google it and you'll get the address. :mrgreen:

19. livestar

livestar Forum Flaming Firecrotch

thank you