FYI: TEAM Oregon Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Corvallis / Albany' started by balisada, Oct 31, 2011.

1. balisada

I Ride:
    2006 Honda Rebel
    According to a news release from the Oregon State Police, 7 motorcycles and 2 scooters were stolen from TEAM Oregon.

The missing motorcycles, range in engine size of 125 to 250 cc. None of the motorcycles or scooters have license plates and some are missing headlights. They are described as:

* Brown 2011 Suzuki motorcycle
    * Red 1997 Suzuki motorcycle
    * Yellow 2001 Suzuki motorcycle
    * Red 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle
    * Blue & White 2004 Yamaha motorcycle
    * Blue & White 2009 Yamaha motorcycle
    * Two Genu 90 cc model blue in color scooters.

According to Lieutenant Steve Mitchell, on October 30, 2011 at approximately 2:00 p.m. OSP troopers at the Oregon State University Area Command office were notified that unknown person(s) cut through a chain link fence into the Oceanography Lab Staging compound lot off 30th Street on the campus and stole a red 2008 Ford F350 pickup and Wells Cargo trailer containing thirteen motorcycles and two scooters belonging to TEAM OREGON. A lock on the compound gate was cut so the suspect(s) was able to drive the pickup and trailer from the lot.

On October 31, 2011 at 5:24 a.m. a Linn County deputy found the pickup and trailer abandoned on Highway 228 near Fisher Road in the Brownsville area. Six motorcycles were still inside the trailer and the other vehicles were missing.

OSP believes the theft happened October 30th between approximately 2:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation, the missing motorcycles and scooters, and the suspect(s) is asked to contact OSP Oregon State University Area Command office at (541) 737-3010. Lead investigator is Trooper Brittany Phelps.

#1 balisada, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. Dr. E

Dr. E Theoretical Propagandist

At least they got the truck and trailer back (hopefully in working order and not to trashed). If they find the other bikes it will be amazing...but I hope they do.

3. ducatichick

ducatichick Wench

I hope they have VINs to share with OSP.

I've seen those bikes - Jack did his rider school on one. Why would anyone steal those things? :scratchea

4. balisada

I Ride:
    2006 Honda Rebel

Most likely they do. They might need that information for their insurance stuff they need to have.

5. That's what I was wondering. They can't be worth much, hell stealing a new liter bike could probably be partedm out for more than a few of those little ones. What the hell were they thinking?

6. Ebay sales would be my guess. I'd be suspicious of anyone selling TW200 parts in the Corvallis, Lebanon, Sweethome, Springfield, Eugene areas for the next year or so.

I'm betting they're already stripped and the frames/engine cases with VIN numbers on them are in a ditch in the mountains.

7. balisada

I Ride:
    2006 Honda Rebel
  8. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

The truck and the trailer were worth FAR more than those motorcycles. It's a pretty minimal loss all things considered.