Good Route or Road in the Tacoma Puyallup area...

Discussion in 'Tacoma-Puyallup' started by mcastro253, Aug 2, 2012.

1. mcastro253

mcastro253
    Expand Collapse

Looking for a good road or route in my general area. Anyone have any Fav's?

And by good guess I mean lots of twisties..More the Better!!!:mrgreen:

Let me know...

Or I guess just post your google map route of your Fav one if it's in the area...

2. jetblast117

jetblast117
    Expand Collapse

i like to ride out in the orting area. not much for twisties though. its a good route. i dont know how you do that google map stuff but i go down orting hwy (route 161) through orting to orville road. orville road turns into 264th. you have 2 options. you can stay on it and go back to meridian and head back to town or you can make a left on orting-kapowsin hwy and head deeper towards eatonville. that road ends up on meridian closer to eatonville. not much for traffic on this route which is why i like to go back here.

3. fishrscary

fishrscary
    Expand Collapse

Are there any roads that are good for twisties around the same area (Tacoma/Pullyallup) - or even further. I haven't found really anything - I don't know WA well at all.

The only really twisty road that I've been on is the one on Mercer Island (Mercer Way - the one that goes all around the island). But it's got tons of traffic. It's a sort of residential area (I only found it because I was visiting a friend that was staying at his cousin's house in Mercer Island).

4. SPLATT

SPLATT
    Expand Collapse

Green River Rd in Auburn is ok but short. Green Valley Rd out of Auburn is good. Dash Point Rd isn't too bad either. None of these stretches of road are even close to being anything epic but do the trick.

5. jetblast117

jetblast117
    Expand Collapse

you can ride hwy 7 when it opens up. thats the regular spot for riders.

6. mcastro253

mcastro253
    Expand Collapse

Yea I noticed it was closed a few weeks back.

Do u have any idea when it'll open back up?

7. SpeedBaller

SpeedBaller
    Expand Collapse

riding to redondo beach can be kind of nice ride if you go through browns point and along the coast. Might be kinda slow on bigger bikes but for low end CC its a nice short ride about 25 miles or so. 1hr round trip.

[​IMG]

#7 SpeedBaller, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  8. 08cbr600rrJeff

08cbr600rrJeff
    Expand Collapse

^ That looks FUN!

9. jetblast117

jetblast117
    Expand Collapse

last i heard, sometime in september. you can google WA State DOT and it will be on their site.