close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Handeling the heat..

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by FunkyBottoms, Jun 27, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    So some people do fine in it..others not so much? Any plans to play in the heatwave or avoid it? I will try and spend my days with my craigslist find. And save most my riding for the evenings...how bout you?

2. Nice, only riding to work in the heat and riding at night for fun

3. I just mowed my backyard, its not big at all but man I am too old for this shit. The front will wait till about 8pm

4. Gonna ride early tomorrow to beat the heat. Couple of friends rode to the coast today where it's 30 degrees cooler, but the thought of the ride back kept me from going. Staying in the A/C today and getting all the stuff done that doesn't get done when I can go ride instead :)

5. Went to the Olympics and rode the FS roads. Bliss on the Hood Canal Bridge.

6. KevinD

KevinD Modulator Staff Member

Ride, hell...

Pool!

KevinD

7. Im from the coast, but I rode in to the rogue valley yesterday and it was 107. I lived 400 miles through it even with my black gear. Rev it igniton jacket and pants. Drink water, ride faster. Man up.

8. Yeah I am planning on taking the back roads down to see my buddy in pullman...has me looking at hydrapacks. Doubt there is anything locaI want so..will prob just make a couple stop and just drink then

9. Rode from Portland to Spokane Friday. Did the St. Jude charity ride out of Elk on Saturday. Did a Post Falls loop Sunday. Full gear and leathers all the time.
    Just kept moving on the bike and took lots of stops to slam gatorade like its going out of style. And not only when my temp light came on. That stretch through eastern oregon had my poor radiator working overtime.
    [​IMG]

10. Just shorties in the eves. Nice riding, maximum deer...be careful.

11. I use one of these: http://www.techniche-intl.com/catalogus/hyperkewl-cooling-sport-vest.html with black ventilated gear. It worked like A/C all the way from Wenatchee to Tonasket yesterday.

The cooling vest will absorb close to a half gallon of water. When it is 30% relative humidity, the rapid evaporation keeps your core cooled down and feels like you're in a refrigerator.

It's usually a July and August item, but I got it out early this year...

12. What a bunch of pussies! It's hot, so what? Drink water and take a ride. But then I live in the desert and love it. :)

13. I been out every day in it...gonna ride to Moscow tomorrow

14. I've been riding in it, just make the meet up times way earlier so we're home by the time it's hotter than balls out there. Like today, only a ride could get me out of bed at this God awful hour!!

15. KevinD

KevinD Modulator Staff Member

Quarter after 6?
    The sun's been up over an hour! You're dawdling!

KevinD

16. OMG yeah should have left earlier. I still roasted on the way home. Nothing like trying to peel sweaty gear off.

17. Some might pay to see that.
    :p

18. Been riding daily, mornings have been ok, afternoons I've taken to wetting down the mesh gear a bit before I start.