close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help make the world a better place by letting me rent your woman's riding gear!

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by Fraphead, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Hey Portland riders!

Look... we all know America's international image could use some help! I have a friend from Sweden that is visiting the U.S. to see what all the fuse is about over here, and if Americans really are all selfish obese consumer whores! For the good of the nation we need to prove that stereotype wrong (at least here in the PNW)!

For my part I will be taking said Swedish skeptic on a 5-day motorcycle ride around this beautiful corner of the U.S. to prove this place is totally awesome!

I'm sure you are thinking right now "I want to do my part in making this world a better place... but how can I help!?"

Well... what better way to promote international cooperation and good will then to allow this boon to American-Swedish relations to occur by allowing me to rent some gear for my friend so she isn't sitting unprotected on a motorcycle for 5 days!

Really though... I'd be willing to leave some collateral and throw some money your way if anyone would be willing to let me borrow some gear that would fit a woman 5' 3" and about 110 lbs. I live in the inner NE of this city and treat other peoples things with more care then my own thing (and I take care of my shit).

Or if anyone knows of a place where I could rent gear... I checked and asked around but didn't find anything.

Thanks everyone!

2. Oh... and this will be the 2nd week in September that I'm going on this trip!

3. Swedish...5'3"...hmmm..pics or you gonna steal my stuff...

4. I can definitely help! I have a couple extra helmets and some gloves that you can use!

5. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

You should just change the title of your thread to "Help me get laid!" and be done with it. crackup:crackup:

mulletman and loko ino like this.
  6. The Service Mgr at Ducati Bellevue has been trying to sell a 2-piece leather suit that will only fit someone of your friends size. It's pretty cool, it's black with a thick yellow stripe. I don't have pics of it. He's asking $75 bucks.

I will be in Bend Sept. 13-14. I can see if I can bring the suit with me, you come to Bend and give me $75 bucks, it's yours and your friend (who will be addicted to riding afterward) will have an awesome suit.

How's that sound?

7. DGA

DGA Moderator

Ain't that the truth?!

Sorry can't really help here, but I bet in a pinch you could pick up some very cheap pants and jacket off Craig's list, or off PNW. Also the offers below seem pretty solid. Show that neutral Swede that you are not neutral about the skin on her back by putting a few dollars forward. :mrgreen:

8. So apparently I need to include pictures for reality and "sizing" purposes... and don't worry, getting laid is totally in the cards already! However I figure some motorcycle therapy would help sweeten the deal :p

She is a friend I met 5 years ago in Thailand, and this will be the first time we've seen each other since. While showing her the things that are awesome on this side of the ocean, motorcycling had to be among them, and since her Dad rides, she wont be a wimp about it!

As a bonus... my friend has said she'd set someone up with a Swedish friend on a date with whoever has some gear! Play your cards right from there... Swedish National Health care could soon be yours!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  9. Play her some Stina Nordenstam.

10. I HAVE GEAR WILL SHE GO OUT WITH ME?

Sorry did I yell that?

11. She is just slightly smaller than me, my gear should fit her just fine, if she doesn't mind used. I am in NoPo.

Funny, I just did the opposite about a month ago. Except it was my Swedish cousin and just a short ride :)

[​IMG]

12. Swedish with dark hair? Hmm... :scratchea

13. ^^^^ crackup::mfclap: