High quality motorcycle cover

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by blueline15, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Anyone have any personal recommendations for a cover? Not worried about the "security" aspect of a cover. Just something that keeps the sunlight off the bike, can handle the dust and wind without scratching it (almost impossible). I just don't think something flimsy will last.

Instead if using google, I'm asking for personal experience here. Thanks.

2. Karma

I Ride:
    2009 Yamaha R1, Ducati Panigale 1199s
    How bout a Guardian Cover? I have one for my R1. Very durable and comes with a nice little zippered storage bag. There are adjustable straps on the bottom with quick connect clips for a more tailored fit. I dont even have to wait for the bike to completely cool off before I cover it. Heat resistant material.

#2 Karma, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. Oxford Stormex. Very durable and is completely felt lined.

4. Cyclegear has there bilt heavy duty cover on sale reg 110 for 50, seems
    durable and is water proof. They also have a thin not waterproof one for 20.

5. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

When the wind blows NOTHING will keep a cover from scratching the bike.
    However, these come close. They pack well too.
    LOOKY>>http://www.gezagear.com/

6. Fixt

7. You can get a felt one, but they are a bitch to clean, and cleaning them often keeps the scuffing and scratching down. I bought a Dowco, and a soft flannel sheet that I wash on occasion to get the dust and dirt that collects in it. And since it's not attached to the nylon cover when wind blows it's less likely to scuff.

8. Thanks guys! I'll look into those. It gets to deal with the wind and the dirt around hermiston.

What I had in mind was a tight fitting cover with a felt liner to minimize the scratching. And to be honest, it's an SV, the paint isn't perfect anyway, so I'd trade some scratches for the UV protection until I can a shed to store it in.

Appreciate the suggestions!

9. EZ Touring makes great covers out of a lightweight nylon, I have had mine for 20 years of trouble free use, they are located in Bend, OR.

10. mjn

mjn Forum Admin
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    '05 Busa, '81 Seca 550, '78 Hawk, '69 Z50A
    Hands down, a Geza cover.

11. Juilin

Juilin Captain Pubic