Highbridge: Superior Bastardry

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Mundefined, Jul 29, 2012.

1. To those responsible for the presence of sand and gravel through most of Highbridge -- I must applaud. This was a stroke of simple brilliance. The trucks and farm implements of the area remain largely unaffected yet motorcycles find a near total lack of traction where they need it most. Your noise and nuisance problem has been largely solved. Bravo.

That said, I hope a joint session of Congress comes together totally on accident and revokes just those farm subsidies on which you depend. In addition, may your moments of lovemaking with your wife be lackluster and leave her wistfully thinking of the day she encountered an old flame on Facebook and regrets her decision to become your wife instead of that of a moderately-successful insurance salesman. May your son be unable to catch a football or baseball, may your daughter make poor accessory choices and may your dog be ever flatulent.

Sincerely,
    A Motorcycle Rider

Skwrl likes this.
  2. yard sale

yard sale snowshoe kitten... prrr...
    1. kKk

3. You sound mildly bitter. Did you scrap your knee up on the same spot as a squid and catch syphilis?

4. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
  5. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

I Ride:
    a motorcycle
    Awwww... You're so cute when you stamp your little feet.

6. crackup:

7. Google translate works on everything!

8. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!

no.....

4 points for ray.

9. i'm going to go post up on highbridge next weekend with a camera and a radar gun. then send the pics with radar and license plate numbers to the local authorities.

10. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
    Just sit there with a hair dryer and a tacky sedan and watch the calamari panic. :devil:

11. yard sale

yard sale snowshoe kitten... prrr...
    1. kKk

sounds fun. in.

12. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

I Ride:
    a motorcycle
    Fun as it sounds...

I don't think the calimari need any help grabbing a handful of front brake and lowsiding on that road.

13. I don't think Highbridge will need any LEO presence to restrict speed for quite some time.

At least, the 20 MPH signs combined with the sand/gravel of the entirety of the road (couple of miles) seemed to do the trick.

While I suppose you could take some pleasure in seeing the reaction of the back-protector-over-the-hoodie crowd, I don't think the Harley caravan or the husband and wife Triumph Scrambler riders provided as much enjoyment.

At least the ones that I personally stopped to warn seemed grateful.

14. This isn't funny someone could die

15. Your face isn't funny.

16. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
    Yes it is, just not to you, and yes they could, but they have quite a bit of control over the latter.

17. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
    many people die every year on dry, clean, roads.
    I look for gravel and rocks to ride on, on purpose.

18. And if it was on video, it would still likely end up on Dumbest Stuff on Wheels, dead or not.

19. Chrishil54

I Ride:
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Customer
    crackup:

20. You don't think someone riding home from work at night going the speed limit could crash because of this? And don't give the whole its their responsibility to look for hazards bs because this is someone purposely sabotaging a road In order to cause motorcyclists to lose traction and that is fucked up. I can't believe people who ride think this is Ok let alone funny, and regardless of who the possible victim is or what they ride, how they ride it or what gear they wear, it is not Ok to intentionally sabotage a road and or cause a crash for any reason PERIOD