Hitting the road before your ready = death

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by crxracer98328, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I was coming down meridan from eatonville in my silverado with 35s and 6in lift when i came to 304th and meridan were that cheveron is. A noob on a mint chopper wearing a tank top and skull cap helmet coming the opposet direction decided it was a good time to enter the gas station 100ft in front of me( i am doing 60). he realized he wouldnt make it so he tried to stop. At this point i started to crush my brakes, and luckily for this idiot i did because he ended up whiskey throttled across the meridan into the gas station barley avoiding laying it down in the parking a lot. Riders please dont hit the road till your ready!

2. I completely agree. I am a noob, haven't been on a bike in 10 years. I've been riding again for 3 months.
    My friend sold me his tl1000r for my first bike. He only did this because he knows how careful I am, I spent many nights riding his dirt bike, many nights watching twist of the wrist over and over along with other videos.I educated myself on proper technic before ever taking my bike out on the road. If more people would do these steps there would be a lot less accidents.sometimes I agree with other countries who make new riders start off on 250's before progressing to more power.

Be safe, ride to your ability, ride your own pace and don't rush experience.

3. This thread did not deliver....

4. Juilin

Juilin Captain Pubic

what, were you expecting a hand job? It wasn't titled happy finish.

TwistedTimes and kd7svh like this.
  5. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

Could you be on the wrong site? Most of us ride sport orientated or moto type bikes. Some GW and bagger/cruisers but they sound sensible. Chopper = I'll-handling at best, inadequate brakes, raked extended front, ape hangers, (Yikes) loud pipes, Beannie, those fingerless gloves, "wife beater" tank top with jeans (couple holes helps) engineer boots with chains (don't know the significance of that) and fortified by a couple tokes on a pipe with unknown substances inside. I almost forgot the jacket with patches and club logo...AJ

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/AJ1951/thCAQB99F6_zps183fcedd.jpg
    :scared

#5 Jims08Z06, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  6. he was probably hoping to see a youtube video of someone dying.

7. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
    It's a farkin' style, just not GQ. :nana

8. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

Thank You, never could figure it out...AJ crackup:

9. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    I try to pass on the "wisdom" I have accumulated over the (many) years. :roll:

10. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

I Ride:
    a motorcycle
    Well there's an understatement. Yikes!

11. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    If you float enough bait you are almost guaranteed a carp. :thefinge:

KevinD likes this.
  12. You read about so many close calls and when riding you see stupid shit everyday... It becomes such a common occurance that you just read the thread and it is so mundane been there done that kinda stuff. In the end people are just stupid does not matter what they are riding or driving when the brain is left at home.

13. And in your silverado with 35s and 6in lift? What a crazy experience.

Bmwridr05 likes this.
  14. What is it with riders and terrible spelling?

15. :bonk:

16. willie91

Cool story bra!

17. put that because it makes my trucks braking distance terrible

18. Check your high school grammar book. "Orientated" is not a word.

19. Tigress

Tigress Retired

Yep. And this goes for experienced riders. If your head is not with it and not wanting to focus on the road, wait til your head is in the game so to speak.

20. UglyBaldMan

I can definitely agree with the OP's original point about not hitting the road until you're ready... But, talking crap about the impracticality of choppers when the OP says he was driving a truck with wheels and suspension that give him (in his words) "terrible" braking distance... that's some hypocrisy there...

Bmwridr05 likes this.