close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how do i break in DAINESE Delta pants

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by orangy lucky 13, Aug 6, 2007.

1. just bought these leather pants and i was wondering how to break these in. they are really tight feeling while on the bike. off the bike they feel fine. is this normal? any help would be great. and yes i did a search and came up short. thanks.

2. Oly ZX

Oly ZX Daytime Adventure Seeker

I just put my Rocket 2 pc. on and headed East with Beans for a 1,500 mile adventure.

3. OOk

OOk beansbaxter is too lazy to come up with something

Lots of dry humping, preferably of a couch or sofa.

Seriously tho, they'll just break in thru riding. Wear them as often as u can.
    One note tho: normally leather riding pants should feel weirder OFF the bike and should feel better ON the bike. It's because most leather riding gear is designed for the 'riding position' and not the 'just walkin around' position.

4. you musta' bought some Harley pants! those are meant for 'just walkin around'
    :mrgreen:

5. i understand. they just feel alot i guess the best word would be tighter. while on the bike, like threw the thigh and knee area. is the because there are also knee and shin pads in there? its almost like i want to pull the ankles up or push the knee pads down. but ive never worn leathers so maybe its just that. thanks for the help guys.

6. wear em all the time!!!

AGATT!!!

Biking, showering, dinner, sex, sleeping.
    They will break in nicely.

7. hahah.

My komodo leather pants I have to slightly adjust the knee pucks while riding. It's nothing big. But yeah, ride w them on all the time, that's pretty much how you break them in well.

DON"T FORGET TO USE LEATHER PROTECTOR ON THEM!!!!!!

8. I've heard of people showering in their gear to break in the leather. Seriously. My friend's gloves were too tight and unflexible so he filled them with water, put them on, and played xbox until they were dry. Another friend's leathers were too tight so he put them on, got all wet in the shower, and wore them around until they were dry. Both cases, they fit perfectly afterward. Oh, they did condition them after they were dry...

9. Wear them in the rain one day and they will break in nicely...

10. You should go back to the place you bought them and try one pants size bigger. If they feel a little wierd now to where you're asking questions, then I believe you've probably bought the wrong size pants. I think you may need to get one size bigger. Once you're on the bike, they shouldn't constrict you at all. You should feel very natural sitting on the bike. OOk is right, they're for riding and not walking around in.
    Which Dainese pants did you get?

I guess you could get them wet and try to stretch them out. But if they're REALLY tight, you might want to try one size bigger just to see if it suits you better.

11. Shrek X

Shrek X Mr. 500,000

we would do the same thing with new jump boots... a good idea if they are just "off" or stiff

12. sorry about that. I see now that you've got the delta's. Nice pants!

yes, if those are REALLY tight now, you most likely got the wrong size. Just go to the store and try a pants size that's one size bigger. Talk to Sonny at Seattle Ducatti or see the people at Eastside. These pants are known to start tearing apart in the thigh section of the pants. Right where the leather meets the elastic inserts. Don't worry though. It's covered in warranty. I've had to have mine resewn a couple times. Not a big deal.

13. Well maybe i can describe this beter. i went and put them on so now i can descibe it. it feels not tight as in sucking to my leg but, like when you buy a new baseball mit and its hard to close it cause the leather is new. thats how it feels trying to bend my leg. not super bad, but deffintly harder to move in these then lets say shifts jean moto pants. im not sure if its cause the giant padding in the knees or the leather around the padding that needs broke in. i hope that descibes it beter.

14. It sounds ok to tell you the truth. But I'd still recommend that you go and try on just one size bigger. For the sake of mobility and saftey, a slightly bigger size just might be what the doctor ordered. I had the same problem with them as well. What I did was take the smaller size back and then exchange for the bigger ones. The problem herein is that the next size up is quite a bit more roomier. Since they don't make exact sizes in these types of gear, it's really hard to get that "perfect fit."

If you want a perfect fit, I'd say stick with the ones that you have now, and maybe try what these other guys are saying. Get it wet, and keep in it for about a length of a good ride. It should stretch out just enough to where it fits you perfectly. Doing so though would make the dealer from which you bought them feel a little inclined not to take them back.

Isn't there two zippers in the calf portion of the leg? If so, try only zipping up the closure part of the zipper and not the other. The other is just to make it tighter around your calf.

All in all, I'd highly recommend that you try one size up. It is what I did and I'm totally happy. I just feel a lot more comfortable in them on the bike, and at a dead stop with one of my legs down.

If you wear your boots over your pants, then the fit will indeed get tighter. I'm assuming you're sitting there in those pants with no boots on right? Put your boots on and bend your legs. Tell me if that feels worse in fit...

Hope this helps. I don't mean to confuse you brother.

15. ps, I understand that the "tightness is in the thighs" and that is where your concern is, but relieving the calf area might help give more room upstairs....

16. i think i found out the inner thigh part is the due to the alastic in the crotch area it not tight there,it just feels odd or a bit of muscle to stick a knee out going around a corner. thats what i meant tight in the thigh area. that i can get used too. the concern is more in the knee area when i have my boots on (which the pants are inside my boots) they just seemed stiff to bend my leg back to get on the peg. im not used to that im calling cycle gear in the am to ask them more quetions about this. Being this is my first pair of leather pants i was not ready to ask these quetions.

17. No worries.... The guys at cyclegear are really cool. Go see Levi. I think he works the weekends. Just from what you said, I'd recommend that you DO get the next size up. You don't seem comfortable, it feels strange when you put your foot on the peg, and you shouldn't have any issues bending a knee into a corner either.

You spent a lot of money on those pants. Trust me, you'll want them to fit perfectly as they were intended to. Your pants are too tight. I see you've got Doc Holliday on your avatar. These Dainese's aren't wranglers now. :)

They're not supposed to be tight like that.

Are the quarters on heads?

Just kiddin' man. But your pants are too tight. Get one size up bro.

orangy lucky 13 likes this.
  18. im on it thanks for the info brotha.

zooki600 likes this.