close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I remember someone had a Yellow Ducati 996 stolen

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by RedKat600, Apr 17, 2013.

1. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

However, I cannot for the life of me find the thread. I have searched and searched and can't find it. I want to say it was late 2011-2012. It was a Yellow Ducati 996 that came Bi-Posto and was converted to Mono-Posto. If you are this person or know who it is please PM me. I can't imagine there would be too many of these things around and saw one for sale the other day. Might be nothing....might be something. Figured it was worth a post.

YotaSupra likes this.

2. RedKat600

Seriously? I searched stolen, stolen ducati, ducati 996, mono, mono posto..what the hell?

Sheesh, I suck.

Thanks.

3. RedKat600

Damn, that's the EXACT bike in this ad. I got some work to do.

4. Stolen yellow Ducati, first post..... see that Google custom search box at the top right? Works great

5. RedKat600

Fuck me, just been schooled. I was using the forum search feature int he tool bar.

6. Get um! F@ck thieves!

7. haha no way? let us know what happens...

8. Are you talking about the one in Eugene? Frames are different colors

9. RedKat600

There is a second ad with a picture of the triple clamp and the production number there.....already called dood in Seattle and he looked at the ad. Ball is in his court now.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

10. It's been since June someone else has had his bike...people can change things on it..

11. Frames are different colors but how hard is it to get them painted?

Mileage is right on the dot (stolen with 3600, ad says 3900)
    Posted the ad twice in the same day with 2 different prices.
    Vague details

It's worth looking into

12. True. Just seems odd to change only the frame color. Maybe the idiot painted over the vin hoping that would make it legal...

13. RedKat600

There are a ton more details I've talked about the OP with. However, it's not my place to discuss this so I'll wait for him to post up.

Wycke, if this pans out, I owe you a beer or three since my search failed miserably.

14. True on both accounts. I'm kind of surprised it's in one piece and nothing else was changed...that is if it's the same bike. Hopefully it is and he can get the cops on it.

15. yard sale

yard sale snowshoe kitten... prrr...

qfmt bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahalolololololololololoroffleskates!

16. With Wmrra and Omrra, Wera, ebay,. Its easy to get a frame and do a frame swap. Dumb criminals would still use same engine thinking they are free n clear. Not many people even look at engine case, just assume frame has valid title. The S/R triple is valid enough to actually look at the bike, how many people actually put S/R triple on stock 996. Only OP knows the # of it.

17. Wouldn't a frame swap be quite the project for a thief? You would think if they knew how to do that they would know about all the other serial numbers and crap...

18. RedKat600

Short answer: Drugs are bad, m'kay? crackup:

This guy has ads up on other websites for buying used vehicles, no title OK. After all, DMV registers the VIN not the engine. How many owners know their engine serial number or have it documented??

Then again, might just be a front end and plastics from stolen bike onto a legally purchased wrecked bike. Might not ever know but it's fun to speculate.

19. No doubt. I've been luck enough to see two titles recently that had both the VIN and engine serial number listed and they matched! One was CA and the other OR but it's a first for me.