I'm new...and yes I ride a 500.

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by My Name Is Dave, Sep 15, 2006.

1. What's up guys, I just signed up today for the forum. I had no idea this site even existed, but I followed a link from RVertigo in the GSTwin forum and ended up here. I have a 2005 GS500 that I've had for a year and a half and have about 6000 miles under my belt. I'd say I'm still pretty new to riding, but I'm no slouch when it comes to skilled riding (or so I'd like to think).

Anyways, I just wanted to say what's up and I hope to see some of you out on the streets...although the weather is kinda screwing with that right now. Adios.

Dave

2. Welcome to the forum, dude. Let's see a pic of the GS.

3. Hey Dave!! welcome: my man. wOOt!! someone else from my neck of the woods... :mfclap:

4. welcome!! but thread is weaksause without pics of bike

5. Daves929

Daves929 Bike Whore

Thanks fella!

6. SE Portland, to be exact. Woodstock area. OK, pics...let me see...give me a sec

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whap. There you go.

8. Nice. A good place to start. Welcome.

9. Indeed, I'm ready for a supersport now, probably a 600, but I'm in a master's program until June so I'm broke as a joke. I could get an old 600 or 750 if I sold my bike, but the maintenance on the GS is next to nothing. Plus it's still fun as hell, and I love her. So no rush to move up.

Dave

10. I hear ya Dave. Was riding my buddies 250. Man thing is a BLAST to drive in traffic. I would so keep the 500 for commuting and such (plus i would imagine better gas mileage - though i'm just guessin here) The 600's are a bit more, mm, beastly. But still fun when ya get a chance to open 'em up. :thefinge:

11. When I graduate and get a real teaching position that actually pays, hopefully I will be able to pick up a new GSX-R 750 (I fucking love those) and still have the GS. If she can get 60 MPG plus easily pull my girlfriend and I up and down the hills by the Japanese Gardens and the zoo, I really can't argue with how great of a bike she is.

Dave

12. Roy33

welcome:

13. Ok see, that RIGHT there is an endorsement you should send in to Suzuki. Actually your bike was THE bike i was looking at, but couldn't bring myself to buy a new bike as a beginner bike, knowing i'd probably drop the damn thing. lol

14. Nice looking Zook. She gets the :thumbup:

15. welcome: Dave!

Not you, Dave, the new Dave! :tard:
    Great group of folks here, keep your eyes open for rides and feel free to join up! Nothing to be ashamed of on a 500. I wish more people would start on them. Anyhow, good lookin ride! Look forward to meeting you!

16. Thanks man, and thanks to everyone. I'm not ashamed of the 5, I love it. I agree, it's the right way to start riding. The "yes, I ride a 500" is a joke. People who don't know better seem to not understand why I "only" ride a 500. Hey, let's hit the twisties; I'll answer that question there :nana

Thanks again all.

Dave

17. welcome: to the addiction!

18. welcome welcome....

19. Welcome Dave. I live near the Woodstock area too. Wave if ya see me on my "6". I'll do the same.

Dave (too)

[​IMG]

20. Nice Honda!