June 10 Ride to White Water Rafting

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Diva, May 3, 2012.

1. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

Over the last couple of years I’ve done about 3-4 motorcycle white water rafting trips and planning another run this year - back to the Wenatchee River, one of my favorite rafting rivers and routes. Still working out the details, but we’ll probably meet about 9am in Redmond with another meeting point in Monroe then head up some back roads to Ben Howard Rd, Hwy 2, and Chumstick Highway, then have a picnic lunch at Cashmere River Park at noon.

If you want to join in the for the rafting, there’s a half-off white water rafting special with Orion River Expeditions for $35 available until just before midnight on May 5th or as long as quantities last: http://gr.pn/WenatcheeRafting2012

Getting the discount and going rafting are optional, but it’s a blast to shoot the rapids then blast the passes. :301:

Plan to back in the Seattle area around 7:30pm.

Hope you can join us. Have a mix of riders and non-riders coming along for the rafting.

2. Mxyzptlk

Mxyzptlk
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome.

3. Iceman600

Iceman600
    Expand Collapse

Hey, that's my 21st birthday! :D

4. superlund

superlund
    Expand Collapse

I have never done white water rafting before but i am very interested. What do i need to know? I can swim

5. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

If you haven't yet, go here to see the details, which also include the link to the company. They provide all your gear, just need to be sure you're not wearing cotton, nylon is better. They site or Orion can explain better.

Oh and if you have a waterproof camera or video cam, so much the better. Check out the video a guy made from our first trip (not going to show the last one which has me falling out the raft :scared - funny now though:mppoint:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-Y1j-xX4s

6. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

So who’s going on the rafting trip? Heads up, I’ve changed to the 1pm meeting time from the 12pm, so if you didn’t say you were with Meetup (that’s my group that’s going) then you’ll need to call to change to be with the group. Rafting is optional. You can join us just for the ride and head out before/after lunch in Leavenworth or after Cashmere. Depending on the time, I may include some nice backroads from Leavenworth to Cashmere to keep us off Hwy 2. :)

Ride details:
    Meeting at 8:45am, kickstands up at 9am. Arrived gassed up and ready to go at 9. Don't plan to gas up again until we're in Leavenworth, if possibe. If you can't make it that far, we can gas in Coles Corner before hitting Chiwawa Pass/Chumstick.
    At O'Reilly Auto Parts, 17100 Redmond Way, Redmond
    Route: http://goo.gl/maps/msZV.

Weather is looking decent leaving Redmond and nice in Cashmere/Leavenworth. :clap: Will ride up in drizzle, but not in a downpour (did that my last ride to rafting and it was censored: MISERABLE! :sad:). Keep a watch on the site for updates the day of. If there is an emergency like I had on the 3 Pass Blast last week, I’ll be able to drive over to O’Reilly’s to meet anyone who didn’t get the message. If you don’t want to ride up in the rain, I might be able to arrange a ride for you, depending on how many.

Rafting details:
    Contact Orion 509-548-1401 (1-800-553-7466). Busy? Call 509-423-7089 to reserve your spot (for June 10th, 1pm under Meetup for the Wenatchee river). For more details visit http://orionexp.com/

Okay, I think I covered everything. Any questions, lmk.

#6 Diva, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. Grantizzle

Grantizzle
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

What's the plan if it rains?

Andy Capp likes this.
  8. wordsareforplay

wordsareforplay
    Expand Collapse

Your route to Leavenworth shows 129 miles. In case you were unaware, this is beyond the mileage range of a number of different bikes that people interested in joining you on may be capable of.

9. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

Point noted. Most people I ride with can go that distance and more (I usualy have the shortest range). I'm open to stopping in Coles Corner for gas if needed. Don't want anyone to run out of gas. Been there, done that. Ha!

10. Cyndy

Cyndy
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a blast!! Wish I could join you!

11. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

The weather keeps looking better and better. The best way to ride the pass. So happy and can’t wait. Been a while since I've been on Ben Howard Rd and looking forward to taking Chiwawa Pass Rd the in the opposite direction.

Looks like we have a nice little group forming up. About 3-4 from my Meetup groups and maybe a couple here. We'll see the day of.

12. Chrishil54

Chrishil54
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Customer
    Why worry about it, you're going to get wet from the rafting anyhow...

:nana

13. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

It's all a matter of temperature, not necessary the wetness. But looks like it'll be warm and dry there and back, so it's all good. :)

14. Yamacrab

Yamacrab
    Expand Collapse

Believe this was referencing something else :stir:

15. Diva

Diva
    Expand Collapse

Getting ready to pack up the bike. See those who are doing the ride at O'reilly's soon. Great day to ride!!!