Just got barely hit - bumped more like it... Careful out there!

Discussion in 'Westside' started by nwskipro, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Just a friendly reminder to always be looking for mindless drivers...

Just got hit/bumped going through an intersection. Was headed N on 17th in Ballard, crossing Market St. Guy headed W on Market St in right hand lane begins to turn into my lane (N 17th) right as I'm about to pass in front of him. I swerve left around him and back north while lightly accelerating to try to get around him but he caught me and left a small mark on my rear tire sidewall. Gave him a friendly reminder to watch out for other people... Bike stayed up so no damage, just an elevated heart rate for a little while. Be safe everyone!

Pictures just show how lucky I was I guess!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the guy who hit me... so if you see a guy with a blank look on his face driving an old white civic be careful:
    [​IMG]

And just because I ride a gixxer I am putting this disclaimer out there - no I was not riding at all aggressively or speeding. Yes, you can make fun of my chicken tender size chicken strips.

2. Those are man sized chicken strips there. Glad you're ok.

3. MichelinMan

MichelinMan Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't care about the chicken strips. Just glad you're ok.

4. k4xbeemer

I Ride:
    S1000RR, K1200GT, DR650, Wideglide
    Ballard. Enough said.

Glad you're OK.

5. Yikes! Did he apologize at all?

Glad you're good.

6. Chrishil54

I Ride:
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Customer
    That describes most of the people I see on the road.

7. No consequence means he'll probably do it again or has before.

Glad you're alright.

8. damn honda owners

9. Wow! Glad that didn't go worse.

10. I was surprised it wasn't a Toyota... Glad your alright

11. Haha yea pretty embarrassed about those strips... Haven't done anything but commute :(

And no, he didn't say anything as I yelled in his face (in a controlled manner I'm happy to say) in front of a small crowd. Just sat there blank, probably thankful he didn't full on hit me or do damage! Probably scared him just as much as me haha. Anyway, just glad it went how it did!

Thanks everyone and enjoy this nice weather while it lasts!

12. Da-am. Did he offer to buy you a new set of underwear?

The streets are pretty F'd up in that neighborhood and require vigilance.

You obviously had your head on a swivel and that's why you're writing.

13. Dude, call your attorney!!!

14. Sounds like you might have Trauma!!

15. Glad to hear you and your bike are in one Piece :mfclap:

16. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

17. DM47

I Ride:
    ... here and there ...
    I remember that. Still got my old SM VHS tape, or did it get left in the old house there? :mrgreen:

OP: Any illegal gravel involved in the incident?

18. Yikes. At least you're now officially a type 2 rider. Glad you're ok.

19. I've had something similar happen to me on I-5 during stop and go traffic.

I climbed through the window to explain to the guy my displeasure with his actions.

He "bumped" me on purpose because he didn't like the fact that I let one person merge in front of me, but wasn't going to let him. The officer that showed up on the scene didn't site him for anything, but threatened me with a ticket. I don't remember what his approach with ticketing me was, but it was rediculous to say the least.

Good thing you didn't fall down or get hurt. The police would just figure out a way to make it your fault.

20. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

What was on it? I have a lot of VHS tapes.