Just rebuilt motor in wifes car and WHAMMM

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by taznhell, Oct 24, 2012.

1. [​IMG][/IMG]

At least she has no broken bones the car was hit by a 14,000lb cherry picker equiped F350 with a super bumper on it. She was stopped behind three other cars at a stop light. The driver of the truck said "You take your eyes off the road for a second and BAM your in an accident" Then he said "I didn't feel anything" Of course you didn't douche bag your in a lifted truck. The bumper hit mid trunk as the truck was lifted 6 inches.

2. I spent $850 on parts and rebuilt the motor had it purring like brand new, bought new tires etc... got two days of driving out of that investment grrrrrrr.......

3. DGA

DGA Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad she is alright. That is the most important part. It's a bit depressing when you invest so much time, effort, and money just for it to end up a crunched pop can.

4. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

That sucks! Glad she is OK! He's got insurance! Ask for a Loaner while you get it fix'd!

5. He was driving the cherry picker he owns for his business and he has insurance

6. Juilin

Juilin Captain Pubic

This is one of those circumstances were as long as your wife is absolutely scratch free, you need to break out a few beers.

If this guy works for an actual company, he has awesome insurance and they're going to pay you for every little scratch to make it go away.

"No, that hairline scratch on the right quarter panel wasn't there, yes it will need to be replaced...what are you stupid?!"

7. My fear is that the car is worth between 3500 and 4500 and they low ball the FMV to total bill will probably be 2K to 3K to fix so it will be salvage titled.

8. Present all receipts to the adjuster. They might add in the $850 in added value to the claim.

9. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Post Whore (In Training)

sorry to hear that your wife has back pain, neck pain, and generalized soft muscle injury and will be going to the DR tomorrow for her injuries. (once the shock and adrenalin wear off and she wakes up realizing the injuries)

(and I'm sure you will edit the original post to let us know how she is doing)

and now maybe you will get the value of the damages

#9 Dragon Rider, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  10. I drive a nearly identical F350 all day (except that it's a dumpster delivery truck instead of a cherry picker). Gigantic bumper and all. I'm surprised at how well the Neon survived that crash. Good luck getting some money out of it.

11. Ask for full retail value for your car. Plus the investment of the 850 if you did the work your self then bill for your time accordingly. And then also keep the car and tell them that will work lol.. oh plus pain and suffering lol

12. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

Glad your wife is ok, car sure looks totaled to me. Unibody likely bent nothing going to line up correctly. I would take it to my shop of choice, bet repairing it would cost more than its worth hence total. It's your call, and one last thing, she should go to the Doc, it's likely she won't feel so fine tomorrow. Thank god she wasn't on a bike...AJ

13. mjn

mjn Forum Admin
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    '05 Busa, '81 Seca 550, '78 Hawk, '69 Z50A
    Holy smoke!

Glad she's ok!

14. Have someone write you a receipt for the labor on the rebuild. Have your wife checked out, soft tissue injuries (whiplash, back, etc...) sometimes take days to weeks to hit.

15. To all she was transported from the scene by ambulance to Meridian Park Hospital minutes after the crash. She could not move her neck and she had pains in her back, she was backboarded and hauled away. Xrays showed now bone/spine damage so just whiplash type injury. She works as a Senior Claims Examiner 3 for a insurance company dealing with work injuries. She is sore off work by doctor's reccommendation for 3 days and has another appointment today to discuss therapy and treatment.

As far as the car all four doors open and close with ease, it tracks straight down the road, but the floor is rolled and the rear quarter panel is moved in about 1 foot on the right. I am going to take it to a independent body shop down the street for an estimate. I will not take it to a insurance suggested shop.

Yes, luckily she parked her bike for the season unlike me she does not like riding in cold or wet weather. I prefer the sun but ride year round that is not her comfort zone so it was a good thing here. In the pic you can see the fire department guys that dispatched with the ambulance paramedics.

If I were to hit a car with my company vehicle the last person I would want to hit is a woman with 22 years experience in insurance claims.

16. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

Yikes mee neither
    :scared

...AJ

17. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
    He could have hit a cop directing traffic around a blind begger who was raising money for crippled war orphans, but it's still nice to have leverage.

Glad to hear that your Admiral is doing fairly ok, all things considered.

18. MichelinMan

MichelinMan Moderator
    Staff Member

Fixed? That car will be totaled out.

19. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06 Bat Crazed

Damn Tex, you left out the the last surviving WWI Vet and his "Seeing Eye Dog"...AJ
    :popcorn:

20. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
    I didn't want to get too over the top, but now that you mention it....... :roll: