KFG buy GP Suspension?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Slamster, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Slamster

Slamster
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Slow in the corners
    Saw a thread on an FJR forum about GPSuspension being bought by KFG Racing, and the oregon shop closing down. Anyone in the know about this?

2. MichelinMan

MichelinMan
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wow. That's a surprising change of events.

3. djacobsen5116

djacobsen5116
    Expand Collapse

Use Google to search using these settings

KFG site:FJRforum.com

GP Suspension site:FJRforum.com

A couple of threads on the forum about the recent developments.

4. jnicola

jnicola
    Expand Collapse
    Shredical

I've heard a ton on he matter from people fairly in the know, but I'd like to see an official statement from some one before I say anything. Not into perpetuating rumors on the off chance they are wrong.

5. Desvio

Desvio
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Assuming there is something left to buy out......

6. chevybutcher

chevybutcher
    Expand Collapse

This is SO last month . Yes Dave is done and Barry @ KFG bought all of Daves tools and inventory of parts .

I've known Dave for well over 20 years and we have been friends , neighbors , fellow racers and we also worked at Durametal way back in the day . Dave has always been a hard worker and whatever he does in the future he will do well .

I did buy one of Daves work benches and a few other things from as he closed down and I even got all the suspension stuff done on a few of my bikes before he was done because who the hell else was going to do it that I could trust :thefinge: :mrgreen:.

Last I heard he was in Vegas and I'm glad cause he really needs a break . You cheap bastard racers can bug Barry now crackup::thefinge:

7. stickxb

stickxb
    Expand Collapse

[
    Last I heard he was in Vegas and I'm glad cause he really needs a break . You cheap bastard racers can bug Barry now crackup::thefinge:[/QUOTE]

Word....:mfclap:

8. Slamster

Slamster
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Slow in the corners
    Thanks for the info, cb. I am due for a rear shock rebuild and noticed the mailing address on the website had changed, so I started doing a little searching.
    I hope the best for Dave, and I trust that KFG will do right with the GP-S name.

9. jaybo666

jaybo666
    Expand Collapse

Will miss Dave,great guy to bullshit with and worked wonders on my GSXR

10. Dr. E

Dr. E
    Expand Collapse
    Theoretical Propagandist

Hope Dave was happy with how things ended. Barry is a good egg as well as I have had a bunch done by him and been very happy.

11. chevybutcher

chevybutcher
    Expand Collapse

For the Guys in Oregon , I know SDS can service rear shocks & forks and even set up suspension . Ron at RPM can also service your front forks too .