Looking to buy a 12 GSXR600/750

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by 87112, Sep 24, 2012.

1. 87112

If anyone can tell me where is the best deal going on a 12 GSXR600/750 let me know, I am looking for a screaming deal like the one I saw at Marysville's Cyclebarn last winter when they had a 11 GSXR750 new for $8,499. I'll probably never see that kind of deal again but hope to come close.

I will probably have to go with liablity only for insurance as I was quoted in the thousands for a SS bike and I am 43 with only one ticket! Probably living in lousy Beacon Hill in Seattle has something to do with it.

2. Are_Six

Are_Six Moderator
    Staff Member

Damn $8500 for a brand new one. That's a heck of a price. Talk to State Farm for bike insurance. Unless you park the bike in a personal garage on Beacon Hill, I'd be concerned about any bike getting stolen. People seem to think Apartment Garages are safe places for bikes... They aren't.

3. Wyckedan

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
    Wait till the 13's are announced.

4. Liability wont work if your making payments..... has to be full coverage.... +1 on the state farm
    Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

5. Wait till December :)

6. From my personal experience with Cycle Barn- they had a very low advertised price on an 11 R6 I was interested in. Once we got to the negotiations and paperwork, they wanted to tack on about $1500 for set up, freight, and other misc. crap. Not willing to negotiate any further, I promptly took my biz elsewhere. As I was working out another deal at a different dealership, they contenued to call me asking me to come back, gave me bs about not being able to finanance at another dealer because I already did an app with them, etc.

I wouldn't spend a single dollar at CB, but that's just me.

7. 87112

I did an online quote from State Farm on my car, it came to double the price of the insurer I got now Geico so its not looking good for me to be insured at all with SS bikes. I pay 248 bucks full coverage for my little 250. I read somewhere if its under 10k financed insurance is not needed.

8. I financed my drz well under 10k and needed full coverage
    Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

9. ninjaofdoom

ninjaofdoom <a href="http://pnwriders.com/motorcycle-talk/8554

TRUTH. Eff CB.

248/month? You must have a vehicular homicide charge you're not telling us about lol.

My Tricolore 1199 is only 37/mo through State Farm, and I'm 31.

10. Wyckedan

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
    Get AAA and have your agent shop for the best insurance for you. Saved me a ton of $ by doing it this way

11. 87112

No, that 248 for the whole year on my 250.

12. <------- I got a 2011 you can pick up super cheap. :evil4:

13. It's up to the finance company what kind of rules they want to make. I only financed 3,000 and I still had to get full coverage. But I would have gotten it anyways.

14. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    http://www.snapp.com/
    ^^^^^^this +1
    the wife and I went through and insurance broker about 5 years ago went from $70/mo for the bike to $24/mo full coverage
    147/mo for the truck to $65/mo full coverage

#15 Gotama, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012