close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Me hitting a double at Washougal (large animated gif)

Discussion in 'Adventure Time' started by jnicola, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

[​IMG]

The loop doesn't repeat perfectly, but be patient, it does infact repeat :)

It was fun to clear this double, although I kept landing at the bottom of the landing and blowing through all of my suspension. I really just need an MX bike and I need to leave my WR400 to the trails. Even with the suspension adjusted it's just not doing the trick.

Bmwridr05 likes this.
  2. Rippn

Rippn Human Race Qualifier<br>FREE and clean

SALUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FREE and clean, Ripp'n

Bmwridr05 likes this.

3. Super rad! Are you the guy in the back that went further than he had to?
    Either way atta boy!

4. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

Yep! Kind of overcooked that one. It's fairly blind so you have to judge your speed pretty well. I had been in the habit of counting gears before riding at Washougal... but I stopped a bit and started focusing on considering my speed when hitting this one.

On the other hand, it took me a while to get this down, and for ever time I chilled out and made the landing, I would three times in a row overcook it into the flat or the face of the triple, blow through my whole suspension, get kick in the balls, swear profusely while holding on for dear life as I rocketed off the face of the last whoop in a wheelie.

5. Nice! (other than blowing the landing)

I'd say it's time for a YZ250 2-stroke!

6. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

Thanks. I definitely want a motocross suspension for going forward, and a lightweight motocross bike. The WR400 has been excelelnt, but it's a PIG!

Here's Q hitting it as a triple. Again... giant GIF size... sorry!

[​IMG]

7. Nice! I wanted to make it but was too busy with other stuff. That track is stupid fun.

8. Good job, looks like so much fun!

What would you guys suggest for someone who has never been to a dirt track or jumped before? I have a crf450r that I would love to take to a place like. I have only taken it to trails and the dunes. Is there such a place where I could practice before I hit the big jumps?

9. QBert

QBert

You don't have to hit the big stuff until you're comfortable. You just to out with the beginners and practice at your own pace. Hit me up sometime and I'll go out to the track with you and show you around. My number is 503.309.1108 (I would be glad to go out with anyone that wants to ride)

10. Thank you QBert that would be very cool. I got a helmet, boots, gloves, pants and some cheapo chest back protector. I think that covers everything? Do you go to the PIR track?

11. I hit the local mx tracks almost every weekend and would love to hook up with you guys some time.

PIR is race only although they have practice before the races. And they are done for the year. http://thursdaynightmotocross.com/

Washougal has one more practice 10/22-23. http://www.washougalmxpk.com/

My favorite track is Mountain View in Sandy. They have practices every weekend this month and then done for the year. http://www.mtnviewmx.com/index.php

Woodland MX starts in 2 weeks and runs through the winter until spring. http://www.woodlandmx.com/index.htm

Haven't been there yet but plan to (and they are open year round): http://www.riverdaleraceway.com/motocross

Clark County indoor arenacross starts around thanksgiving and runs to new years weekend. Short and fun track but it gets packed, smokey, and loud on the weekends.

12. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

You will do well to join up with us and more specifically q. he can show you the ropes, and dial in your suspension. Plus we got a few other begginners.

As for jumps, just roll them and work your way up. Then hit it like it owes you money!

13. Wow I didn't realize there were so many. Very cool. Are any of them indoor? I'd like to go soon and It's suppose to be pouring out next few days.

14. Nicely done, Sir!:mfclap:

15. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

EDIT: Video removed until I finish uploading the one with the incorrect info in it from a previous edit.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  16. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

[youtube]YWDkgl7JnMU[/youtube]

17. Are you guys going to Mountain View Saturday the 15th??

18. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

I've got to wait and see what the weather does, what goes on with a MX bike I'm trying to pickup, and also what goes on with a Drupal conference this week. I'm going to spend at least ONE day at the conference, and the other dirtbiking. The weather will determine where I go when :)

I was there this past weekend and posted up some footage :D

19. Oh ya saw the video now I want to go bad!