close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Memorial Weekend Rides

Discussion in 'Kitsap' started by 08CC14, May 18, 2008.

1. 08CC14

08CC14 Guest

Does anyone have any Memorial Weekend rides planned? Hurricane Ridge, Mount Rainier? Looking for ideas.

2. Maybe a ride to NW Oregon. Mist, Clatsanie, Astoria....
    By way of Indy Valley...

3. hurricane ridge is still under construction + snow still on the ridge

4. Yep, I'm heading out with my Ducati crew to go to the Grand Canyon! Beat that!

5. 72Norty

72Norty Guest

Oh yeah,....and the local Norton owners group are headed to Ohio vintage days at the museum!!:nana

6. We are camping at Ft Worden. She will drive the truck with the trailer and I will ride up. That way, we get to get away from the kids and ride if we want! What I need is a toy hauler for a family of 5!

7. Anyone feel like tarding up Deer Park Road to the top of Blue Mountain?
    :tard:

Or maybe up the Elwha. Havn't been up that road in years. Conditions?

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  8. Where is this blue mountain of which you speak? Maybe an overnight DS/ Tard Ride on back roads is in order? hmmmmm...

9. Sounds like a good idea. :mrgreen:

Do you still have the R1 Jim?

10. 08CC14

08CC14 Guest

Thanks. Oregon coast sounds cool... I'm leaning towards Mount Rainier at this point. Hwy 7?

11. But of course....

did Rick get hold of you bout this?
    Well...
    Not Memorial day but a week sooner.

12. blue mountain is halfway between sequim and port angelas. if you get a map of the olympic mountains you can ride those logging roads for days.

13. I was up deer park about 2 weeks ago. a LITTLE gravel in a couple spots. and of course i stopped at the dirt road:ninja:good ride though, just watch the corners a little. and there is a cop that lives about halfway up. i saw his cruiser in the driveway. Elwah River rd. is technically Black Diamond road too. That road takes a little longer to get the gravel off. it snows a lot up there, and i have been up there frequently to ride dirt bikes at happy valley. still a decent amount of gravel as of 2 weeks ago.

I plan on riding a good bit this week, as i was on the east coast during the good weather herecensored::banghead:

14. Thanks. I'm going to be poking around out on the gravel FS roads just to get out in the sticks for a while. Hope they dry up for the weekend.

15. I can go but only on MONDAY, as always I have to work through the weekend. Looking to get some dirty and mud on the new tires see how they hand the mucky chunky filthy stuff. Bring on summer already.