motorcycle learners permit

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Bellinghell, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Since the DOL doesn't seem to want to answer their phone at the moment, thought i'd ask here before sending someone off to the 2 hour long wait-in-line.

Trying to teach my cousin to ride, he got one of the 90 day motorcycle permits about a year ago and wants to get another..can you get another permit or are they one shot deals? Do you have to take another picture and get a whole new ID or do they just add it to your pre-existing drivers license that previously had the permit issued to it?

TY

2. You can keep getting the permit as long as you like, and expect the pic/license replacement dance with associated fees each and every time.

3. Thanks, bleh..

Do you know if you have to take the knowledge test every time?

4. the knowledge test is good for two or three years since the intial test date. i can't exactly remember, but i know he won't have to re-take the written this time.

5. Thanks for the info :mfclap:

6. and he will have to get his picture taken. and pay 15 bucks. i just did mine, and i think you can only renew it twice, maybe a third time if you convince them youre learning.

7. Stew

The written test is valid for two years. 2 permits can be issued off that written test. The 3rd permit is supposed to be issued only after failing a mandatory skills test and it is the last permit that can be issued.

8. ^^^ If anyone knows the latest, its him. Nevermind what I said.

9. When I did mine last year thay told me you can renew it once. But I know a lot of people who have got it a few times