close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motorcycle Maintenance Services, Salem

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Jetboy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Due to the normal complications of a middle-age, middle-class fellow's life, the ol' CBR1000F sat in my garage for 4 years gathering dust.
    A couple of months ago I managed to get the thing firing on 3 and puttered down the street to Randy at Motorcycle Maintenance Services on North Lancaster, mostly because I was afraid it wouldn't go any further than that under its own power.
    I have to tell you, this guy is great. A true expert with a no-nonsense attitude about fixing stuff as well as keeping the costs reasonable. He and his shop are a little rough around the edges, but he is a gentleman and a magician when it comes to tuning a bike. My carbs looked like they were full of pudding, the whole bike was covered with 1/8" of dust inside and out, it wouldn't even come close to idling, the linked brakes were dragging, and the ol' gal was just generally run down.
    Now it runs better than it did when it was new.
    A huge contrast against my last maintenance event, which was at Cycle Sports, just around the corner a few years back. If ever a business deserved to die, it was those assholes. I smile every time I ride by their closed-down storefront!
    But I digress... Two thumbs up for Randy if you need some work done.

2. You ain't kidding.

Good to hear there's a decent shop around there. I'll be sure to keep him in mind if I have trouble while visiting family.