Motorcyclists crash twice in one night

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Davidian, Aug 2, 2012.

1. liv4thekill

liv4thekill Mr. Lexus

Seems like something Oak would do...anyone remember/care about him?

2. Rock Dodger

I Ride:
    Like an old guy.
    Fair use applies.

Motorcyclists crash twice in one night; 2 hospitalized

CLYDE HILL, Wash. - Two motorcyclists are hospitalized in serious condition after they crashed not once but twice overnight on their high-performance motorcycles. A third rider also crashed in the incident but was not seriously hurt.

The Washington State Patrol says it appears alcohol and high speed may have been a factor in the crashes.

The chain of events began at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday as the three motorcyclists were riding together on the Highway 520 bridge. One of them skidded and crashed, so he crawled onto the back of his friend's motorcycle for a ride to the hospital.

The three motorcyclists turned around and headed east toward Bellevue on two motorcycles, and that's when they all wiped out again. They took a corner on Points Drive NE at high speed, lost control and slammed into a rock wall.

When troopers and medics arrived at the scene, the two motorcyclists riding together were found unconscious on the side of the road.

The two men, both between 20 and 30 years old, were both rushed to the hospital, where they were listed in serious condition.

The third motorcyclist was down but conscious. When police arrived, he was sitting on the roadside next to his damaged bike, taking photos of the crash scene with his smartphone.

All three riders were wearing helmets. They may face vehicular assault charges, state troopers said.

3. I'm still SMH about this. It's unfortunate, but man, twice in one night, what are the odds? Was it anyone on here? For the riders sake, I hope they're ok.

4. ALCOHOL is the code word.

5. ride4zen

Where are those applications for bus passes......

6. JayT

I Ride:
    scooters
    Yes/yes. Saw him a couple of weeks ago. He's still around these parts, just not on any of the forums much. Ahh... Those were the golden days of pnwriders.

7. Given the alcohol, the probability approaches 1.

8. As I read it, there were three motorcycles and each crashed once.
    One M/C first. The remaining two M/C's later.

9. I heard about it. We had a good chuckle over it at work. Then went on with the day.

10. The guy that hopped on the back after crashing his didn't make it. Chuckle along.

11. Natural selection doing it's job.

12. Chrishil54

I Ride:
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Customer
    Last Wednesday's Juanita pub gathering I got talking to the only other rider there.

Turns out that he was friends with that group and had a little more information about it. The second wreck happened when the rider was taking one of the other injured riders to meet the ambulance.

Kudos for at least attempting to help.