Mountain Loop Highway May Stay Closed

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Gamuru, May 10, 2011.

1. Gamuru

Gamuru Big Brother

I'm a little behind on getting this request posted.

As many of you that ride the Mountain Loop Highway may know, it's been closed at Red Bridge since January because of a slide. Snohomish County was working to reopening it, but had to pull off because funding fell through. There's a meeting today between the County and the Federal Government to try to secure emergency road repair funds. I've been asked by members of both Forestry and County Road Maintenance to send in emails to Owen Carter asking him to reopen the road. Mr. Carter can then use these emails when he goes to his meeting today at 11:30. If we can get these to him by 10:30 I think we'll be in good shape.

Here's a copy of what I sent:
    Plagiarize at will, but get those letters sent. Tell your friends, too.

Thanks!

2. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'll send an email right quick!

3. I am about to go into meetings for the next 3 hours... If someone can write up a good "canned" letter to send, I'll send it from my email.

I too enjoy the Mountain Loop area for multiple recreational activities such as motoring, hiking, camping and finding precious metals (LOL).

This will really dig into using it as a close getaway for a day or two.

4. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
    mic, mine's a little more canned for you:

5. Thanks Jeff, I copy, pasted, and sent!

6. Gamuru

Gamuru Big Brother

Very nice!

7. message sent, it would be a shame to see this beautiful highway and all the recreational areas attached to it essentially closed. Without access even for a year, trails will fall into disuse and be reclaimed by nature. Should they reopen it at a later time many of the forest roads and trails will have to be completely redone, costing more in the long run. Fingers crossed that they fix the highway!

8. theJrod

theJrod Racer Extraordinaire

I wonder if a courageous and determined dual sport rider to navigate past the slide and still access the aforementioned areas?

9. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
    not sure how the snow looks from that side past silverton, the rangers had a doom and gloom story a couple weeks ago.

the biggest issue is the tickets they are writing as fast as they can to non-residents :secret:

10. Gamuru

Gamuru Big Brother

Thanks, all, for participating.

11. like that road.

here's what i sent :)

12. HueJass

HueJass Retired

Just checked the SnoCo site, it stated they resumed work 5-16, work to be at least 4 weeks. So probably 6-15'ish until done. We should setup a meet at Big4 or some other place once this opens..... Psyched to ride up there. One of my favorite rides.

13. HueJass

HueJass Retired

14. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
    old news homie!

I went and checked it out on Monday. It's still gated at Deer Park. Ice Caves are within easy walking distance. Ranger said another month before it would be a loop again.

15. HueJass

HueJass Retired

Oooooops.... readers read! I didn't read to the last part. If it says it's open, one would think it was open. Not it's open here to here, but not there to there. Dam bozos! Love Gov't. NOT! Oh well.... a couple more weeks!!! Snow should melt a lot this weekend.