close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New owner/rider/forum member from Seattle

Discussion in 'New Users' started by paradox206, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Hi all! I'm a new forum member, bike owner and rider from Seattle.

My journey to becoming a motorcycle rider started about 6 months ago. I finally decided I was mature enough (32 y/o) to get a bike without killing myself after years of wanting to get one. I began with researching and buying gear during the winter sales, then took the MSF course about a month ago and finally bought my "new to me" DRZ400sm off of Cobra525, with the help of ninjaofdoom, this last weekend.

Been commuting on it to work every day this week and I'm loving it! No more road raging, awesome parking spot now, cheap gas and its just a great way to start the morning and to end the work day. Good gear is making it really easy to enjoy in weather like this too. Soaked on the outside but bone dry on the inside! Some of my coworkers think I'm crazy that I'm riding my bike in the rain when I have a perfectly fine car at home but I'm hooked!

So yeah, that's the basics! Looking forward to going on some rides this year!!

2. Welcome! Maturity and Sumos? thats no fun crackup:

3. Welcome! Sounds like you got it sorted out - riding in the rain is part of the NW riding experience 8)

4. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

You ride in the rain? Dude, that's like crazy. Your visor's gonna fog up.

Welcome.

5. Heh, thats pretty close to what one of them said. Then there is everyone else saying, "PLEASE DON'T DIE!!!"

6. Welcome to the Asylum :mfclap: BTW........ Sumo's make you go back to 17 again FYI :evil4:

There's NO SUCH THING :stir:

7. So thats why curbs and the sides of driveways are looking more like snowboard park jibs the more I ride!! :mrgreen:

8. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and wait till you get out to the Supermoto track at PGP in Kent!? Then you'll really have fun! :) (and learn a lot quickly)

9. That's what ninjaofdoom told me! I've watched a few lap videos from PGP and it looks like a blast!!

10. Oh everything is game on a Tard :mfclap:

and like Pete said... wait until you come out to PGP with us :stir: