New Pipes and Power Commander.

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Juilin, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Juilin

Juilin
    Expand Collapse
    Captain Pubic

Can someone else please back over my motorcycle again, I'm eying a Corbin seat.

Just went to the dealer to set an appointment for an install on a full Leo Vince exhaust and obligatory power commander. All this covered 100% by 'lady in green SUV's' insurance. It's slightly ironic that both a full aftermarket exhaust and power commander V cost about the same as a full OEM unit. Go figure. :shock:

Now I figure, I'll just park in blind spots for the next few months until I can get a Corbin seat and spinning rims. Kidding, it's been a huge pain in the ass, but I'd be lying if the thought didn't cross my mind. Never would have done this one my own but the exhaust needed to be replaced and hey, it sounded like fun.

I'll post pictures for anyone interested ASAP.

#1 Juilin, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. Wyckedan

Wyckedan
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
    With the PCV/exhaust you're going to need a tune as well. There's none better in the area than Nels with 2 Wheel Dynoworks. He is a site sponsor, and has a TON of glowing reviews on this site, plus he's an awesome dude. Why are you so interested in a Corbin seat? There are other (less expensive) options: http://pnwriders.com/marketplace/164731-custom-seats.html

3. Juilin

Juilin
    Expand Collapse
    Captain Pubic

Not so much interested in "Corbin" as a more comfortable aftermarket replacement. I'd entertain retooling the OEM if it included replaying the outer vinyl. But I'm not a huge fan of the OEM all around, looks and comfort notwithstanding.

4. Yamacrab

Yamacrab
    Expand Collapse

All of this is the truth.

5. PeteN95

PeteN95
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I don't know what you're thinking with "spinnin' rims"?! But Wyckedan can make you a very cool looking and comfy seat, check out the link he posted!

6. Juilin

Juilin
    Expand Collapse
    Captain Pubic

Dan, let me know how the seat process works. I'm willing to entertain it. :lol:

7. Juilin

Juilin
    Expand Collapse
    Captain Pubic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything's installed and fixed from the accident and I got a full new exhaust, PCV, and (as pictured) a cargo net from the deal. I have Wyckedan revamping my stock seat which I'm stoked about and hope to get a custom tune from 2 Wheel Dynoworks in the future.

Look forward to some long trips soon now that the bike's back. Thanks for the help guys.

And before anyone asks, I'm not sure on the legality of the gravel.

#7 Juilin, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012