close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New "sport": Ricers hunting bikes?

Discussion in 'Tacoma-Puyallup' started by kitkat, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Just read another news article, this time in West Seattle, June 24th this year, of a bike wrecked (and this time the rider lkilled) which sounds suspiciously like what happened to Squirrel...hit and run on purpose by a ricer car and left the scene--http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/06/motorcyclist-dies-after-racing-in-west-seattle/?prmid=obinsource

"It was unclear whether the motorcycle lost control on a curve or was forced off the road by the car, but the motorcyclist died instantly after hitting a light pole at the intersection of Highland Park Way Southwest. The car quickly left the scene, and is being sought by Seattle police as part of an investigation.

The vehicle is described as a black import car with tinted windows, two hood scoops and a rear spoiler, according to Seattle police."

I didn't know this had happened until today, but it could explain the higher level of interest by KIRO in Squirrel's case...(both KOMO & KIRO actually took the time to go out to Orting to the scene--slow news day or they smell something afoot too...)

I sure hope this isn't an indication of a pattern. There is enough to worry abt being hit by cars by *accident* let alone being hit *on purpose*! I'm gonna be wondering about every incident where an experienced rider inexplicably ends up in the ditch while riding alone...

2. No joke, this is the time of year where you start to see some crazy ass shit on the news. The heat makes people do stupid ass shit I swear. I had some lady swerve over a double yellow at me yesterday in a brand new mustang gt. So I gave her one of these :thefinge: after making sure I wasn't going to get plowed into the trees.

3. my middle finger has gotten a lot of uneccessary use lately

4. You have to also look at it from another point of view. I was in my wife's Honda Civic driving home from work the other day and some jackass on a Ducati, out of nowhere came flying up behind me, got ahead of me and slammed on his brakes. I changed lanes and passed him and he did this to me again. I let him get ahead of me and for fear of him hurting someone or more likely himself, I called the cops. Coming into Kennewick, he got pulled over cause he tried doing it to someone else and a cop saw him.

Some people are just crazy.

5. crap like this just makes me want to get out of riding all together.

6. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

On the way back from a ride yesterday I had two cars within about 5 seconds of eachother decide they needed my lane more than I did. First one on my right, then on my left. I guess it's too much to ask that I be allowed to use a lane. The first one was busy gabbing with her passenger, and the second one had a cell stuck to her head.

With people like that I really don't need anybody actually aiming for me.

7. This is just NUTS!

Vampfiend - That Ducati was driving recklessly, no doubt - and I'm pretty sure s/he's just an asshole. And being a rider yourself, if it were me, I would totally be SOOO pissed, but never pissed enough to let him hurt himself. You're right, I think that guy must have been mentally unstable - maybe suicidal? Cuz that goes way beyond reckless driving, he's a danger to himself and others - I hope got 5150ed by the cops. No sane person on a bike would try to have someone rear-end him/her.

Bluuu - I hear you. On top of all the shit we have to look out for - we don't need "ricers" hunting sport bikes.

8. I have a theory about these hit and runs...

1. We now know that Denise's hit and run wasn't the only incident & both were "ricer" cars.

2. Most sport bikes don't have a fender, so all the "ricer" car would have to do is tap the tire, and bike and rider go flying. However, by tapping the tire, there is prolly NO VISIBLE damage typical of a hit and run, that's maybe why the cops gave her a hard time and said it was a solo accident from excessive speed (something like that, right?).

3. "Ricers" put all their $ into their car & they turn it into a street racing car. Maybe this "game" isn't new. But if they rear end say, a Harley or other low cruiser, there would be damage on the bike to see. So, there's proof that it's a hit and run...

4. This is *ucked up, but, I think these murderers are singling out Sport bikes because they are a lot harder to hit than cruisers, and we have a bad rap of going to fast to start with - also with tapping the tire, there will most likely be no proof. And a good rider on a liter bike can possibly out run them - so that's the "sport of hunting". These murderers (and I think it's only a few at most - or a serial killer with different cars) will keep doing it because they're psychopaths. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of "ricers" have the common decency to "thou shalt not kill". So to tail a sport bike - getting on their ass, it may have been the "start" of the game that only the psychopath "ricer" knows about. Denise said, she was in the process of trying to get away from their tailgating, right? That was in the new clip and the transcript.

WOW - Insane!! Ricer on "Ricer" violence (don't know all the cool acronyms, but it's all basically Japanese cars and Japanese bikes) - I never saw this coming.

"Ricers" hunting crotch rockets for sport...felt weird using "sport twice in one sentence".

Usually, the same people that fix up their cars, do the same to their bikes (I'm sure that some "ricers" are able to ride a motorcycle and they ride too).

9. I fix up my car and ride too, does that make me a ricer? ;)

All kidding aside, this is straight fucked up! That's where I grew up too! God humans piss me the fuck off sometimes....

10. I am big into the NW car scene and nobody I personally know would do something like this. A handful of us also ride as well. So just saying that IF it is some kind of game it is more than likely within some clique that have something out for riders. Not juts because they have ricers but they presummably mod their cars in order to do this stupid game.

krychek57 likes this.
  11. I just go faster than everybody else on the road. That way I don't have to worry about somebody changing lanes into me, or somebody coming up behind me...

12. Says the guy who used it like 6 times in one thread.

today Some civic crossed a double yellow on the twisties and almost hit me.

13. and your point???

.....he missed ?

14. Cool man! What do you drive? Maybe we've seen each other at meets or events. I run with the PNW Nissan/Infiniti club

15. pnw vq?

16. MazdaSpeed3, I am on MazdasNW and NW-Built. I know a few people on NWN.

17. Yes sir!

Cool, well I'll keep an eye out for ya at a meet or something. I drive a black 2008 Nismo 350Z, which you really don't see hardly at all. Or maybe I'll catch ya at a bike night or ride man!