close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to the Forums

Discussion in 'New Users' started by MasonZhan, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Hello! My name is Mason and I"m looking to start riding, I'm totally fresh, I have just signed up for the beginning rider training, and I would like to pick up some gear and bike! So if you have any please let me know!

motoroco likes this.
  2. Welcome to the forums! You will have a blast at the safety course and I wish I could take it again. I don't have any gear to part with sadly but I am sure you will come along some gear eventually.

3. Welcome :) There are second hand gear stores around. Cruise In Consignment is one up here in Vancouver, but I'm sure there are ones in Portland as well.

4. You did not mention how much you have to spend on a bike? Or are you looking for a 'gift'? :D
    If you get up to Northern Washington 'Recycled Biker Stuff' has a fair amount of consigned gear. You also did not mention your size, if you are looking for 'general' riding type gear or 'performance' type gear.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  5. You might also want to check out the "Goodwill" section in the classifieds.

Also, you can often find good deals on closeout at MotorcycleGear.com.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

6. I'm not sure about my size, but I'm 5'7" 150lbs. Probably looking for general, I hope to go on a long distance ride across Eastern Washington and Oregon this summer!

7. I'll be sure to check it out thanks!

8. 9, men's

9. Welcome to here!

I am in the process of signing up to take the Navy BRC. Looking forward to mine, from what I see and hear, they are fun.

10. The Ducati dealer in Portland has a used gear/bike shop across from the new bike shop. Have been in there several times and have been impressed with thier used bike lineup, something for everyone including the gear.