close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Not like I'm looking ahead or anything but...

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by TJC, Nov 30, 2013.

1. $500 your bike, $700 their bike, or 2,500 for the 2 day, lol. Yeah, or just do 10+ trackdays with tires and fuel etc.

2. $2500 for the 2-day camp is out of my comfort zone, but $500 for the BYOB class might fit into my schedule.

I think there was a review or two of CSS when they came last year. I don't recall anyone saying it wasn't worth the cost of admission.

3. I corner worked this year. Didn't bring my bike or I could've ridden for free. No instruction tho. I'm gonna try and do it again this year. I will bring my bike this time around.

4. I did as well, but I brought my bike. Did all the same exercises as the students. Will I do it again this year? Sure, if the opportunity arises. But I'm not paying that kind of $$$ for a glorified track day. This is more geared for the street rider that wants to get on the racetrack but isn't sure what to expect.

5. Concur with said assessment. I'm sure there's some good stuff to be learned from the instructors but there seemed to be a lot of old guys with too much money who were just doing it cuz they had nothing better to do. I'm pretty slow so I definitely wouldn't shell out that kind of coin for a track day.

6. To each his own.

I can't afford to attend these sorts of schools all the time either, but I do find the on-track experience to be better than at open track days (or open track days that offer additional instruction). It's worth it to me to go from time to time. I'm hoping this will be one of those times.

7. I'm about 75% sure I'm going to attend the Vegas 2-Day camp in February. My reasons are: lean machine, brake bike, slide machine and wanting to lean, panic brake, and slide under semi-controlled conditions.

My one hesitation is that I will be going from a Ninja 250 to the S1KRR. I chatted with the school and they suggested I sit on a S1KRR to see if I feel comfortable on the bike (overall size, can touch the ground, etc). And they mentioned the bikes will be in rain mode for the class. They did not seem concerned that I have only ridden a Ninja 250 for a little over a year (3000+ miles), and have a few track days under my belt. :scratchea

I'd like those that have seen me ride (and crash) at TRMP to weigh in before I spend over 3K on this trip/experience [MENTION=7557]dwschultzy[/MENTION] [MENTION=2510]wordsareforplay[/MENTION] [MENTION=2264]SteveO[/MENTION] [MENTION=1252]yard sale[/MENTION] ...

8. A coworker and I are considering this one as well.

9. I had a Ninja 300 for about 5000 miles, then upgraded to a used SF 848. I just took the 2 day camp in Vegas last month and it was great! Honestly the rain mode seemed like it tamed the bike a lot, and as everyone always says its just your throttle control that really determines how fast you will go.

The 2 day camp was definitely worth it IMO, but it was my first time on the track so I'm sure I learned a lot more than the average student would. I was also one of the slowest people there but it wasn't really a problem - just ride your best and have fun and try out the concepts they teach. Can't really go wrong from there.

10. yard sale

yard sale snowshoe kitten... prrr...

Respect the throttle, ease your way into riding the bike at pace and you'll be fine.
    If you want a lazy pit bitch who would likely be drunk or off gambling the entire time let me know.

11. yard sale

yard sale snowshoe kitten... prrr...

...and by "gambling" I mean doing hookers & blow.

12. Thanks for the info, it's super helpful. How long did you have your 848 before going to the class?

Thanks Tim. I'm at about 85% now and just need to try the bike on for size. And I say the more the merry, let's make it a true Vegas experience! :mfclap:

13. If I have the days off, id like to join in on the endeavor.

14. Yes

15. I put about 1500 miles on the 848 before I went. First ride back I was definitely more comfortable - maybe not night and day but I have good concepts and techniques to practice now too which is good.

16. They gotta pay for their awesome espresso machine, 1000-egg breakfasts, and quinoa lunches somehow. :popcorn:

17. :thumbup:

I'm going to Vegas! :mfclap: I sat on the S1KRR today, which btw the body position is way more comfortable than my little Ninja, and I felt pretty good on it. If I remember between now and then, I'll take pics and do a write-up...

[MENTION=28971]JohnK[/MENTION] hope you can make it, it'd be nice to meet some more PNW peeps.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  18. What's so fancy about this school?

I run A group at The Ridge with mid to high 1:50's on a good day. Is that price tag worth it for me?

19. Depends what you want out of a track day. If you're just looking for track time to practice skills on your own then: probably not. If you're not sure what skills you should be practicing then: maybe.

It also depends on how important the extra $300 is to you. If you make $9/hour driving a truck you might want another option. If you own a fleet of trucks then the $300 might be worth it.