OPRT Announces 2012 Track Day Pricing

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by Optimum Performance Rider Training, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone! With all our sponsor support we've put together a special offer regarding 2012 track day pricing. First let's look at what you get, all courtesy of our sponsors.

- raffle prizes at every event
    - product and bike demos
    - photography/videography available at no additional charge
    - track day school (see KFG sponsor announcement - no additional charge)
    - tax deductibility (see below for more info)
    - and of course, tons of track time!

If you sign up before March 31st, pricing will be $140. This is for any event being held in 2012. Visit www.optimum-performance.org to sign up.

OPRT's 501(c)3 status as a charitable organization allows for many advantages. As such, our track day events are put together to allow participant attendance with a minimum donation ($140). This donation to OPRT is now tax deductible.

Questions or comments? Please let us know. OPRT exists for the motorcycling community and would love your feedback and suggestions.

2. Sentor

Sentor
    Expand Collapse

In for at least one ridge day.

3. Stringcheese

Stringcheese
    Expand Collapse

I love giving to charity, it makes me feel good inside.:mfclap:

4. KNanthrup

KNanthrup
    Expand Collapse

You guys are awesome!

5. Wyckedan

Wyckedan
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
    Fucking STOKED!

6. Melbs5150

Melbs5150
    Expand Collapse

So is this a track day org or a school? I'm a little confused here...

7. Don't let the name fool you. We had to go with OPRT because of what the organization does as a whole and for exempted status purpose with the IRS. Track days are only a portion of what we will be doing this season. The overall purpose is to promote safer riding and awareness of motorcycles.

Track days - check
    Advanced riding school during track days - check

Our track school is being led by Mike and Brian MacConaghy. Jim Paulsen an MSF instructor will be leading the team who will be helping riders transitioning to the track.

8. Melbs5150

Melbs5150
    Expand Collapse

ah gotcha. looked at the website and it just confused me more! I'll add your dates to my calendar this year and try to catch one of your events if I can.

9. Special pricing promotion is active until March 31st. In an effort to promote a safe riding environment, events are being capped. No exceptions once the level or day is full. We've all been to those days where there were way to many riders on the track. Now is your chance to book those days at an awesome price.

10. Melbs5150

Melbs5150
    Expand Collapse

whats the cap on riders being set at?

11. yard sale

yard sale
    Expand Collapse
    snowshoe kitten... prrr...
    1. kKk

see inline

12. We currently have BMW lined up with demos. They will be bringing the S1000RR and F800R.

Sorry but Bones is pretty happy now that he gets to shoot in sunny weather. Our photog is Adam Thorvilson. He mainly works on videography but has experience in still photos.

Thanks for updating the with the link. I'll edit the original post.

And tax deductibility...yup - it was in the best interest of the public to form the organization as a 501(c)3. Any way we can make track riding less expensive and safer, we'll do it. The extra free stuff like photos and raffle products are just icing on the cake.

13. Real Fast Travis

Real Fast Travis
    Expand Collapse

14. galenernest

galenernest
    Expand Collapse
    I bathe with candles, flowers, jazz music, and rub

I Ride:
    Jialing 150 enduro
    Tax deductible. I like that. :)

15. Lee650

Lee650
    Expand Collapse

What's the price after March 31st??

16. That will actually depend on how many slots are purchased before the 31st. As a non profit organization we are pursuing financial sponsors to help bring the cost of track days down. At the current promotional pricing and limited sponsorship, OPRT will effectively run itself out of business. As we gain sponsors and fill up days, we'll have a better idea of what future pricing will be. Rest assured, we are continually working to bring down the price of our track days. It would be awesome if we gain enough sponsors to keep our prices at $140 but without the community's support we won't get there. Other track day organizations can afford to operate a day at less than 75% capacity due to the price they charge. We on the other hand need to be close to capacity in order to survive. Thus, our schedule is limited to just 7 days.

Basically, this inaugural year is a test to see if the community truly wants a low priced track day provider. The promotional pricing period is being used to determine how much interest there is in our organization. The more interest, the better it is for our current and potential sponsors - and more sponsors equals better pricing.

17. Solow89

Solow89
    Expand Collapse

they would be stupid not to

18. smokedu

smokedu
    Expand Collapse

IN :mfclap:

Your order is complete and has been successfully submitted. Thank you for your patronage. You will receive a confirmation email with your order details shortly.

Derick

Alanjtc73n likes this.
  19. Mike23

Mike23
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait, that pricing is a smoking deal. I knew competition would be good, hope this works out for you guys.

Mike