close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OPRT @ TRMP 5/18 - Roll Call and a Question

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by TedR, May 12, 2015.

1. A) Who's in?

B) This will be my first "post-Rod" trip to The Ridge; I recall the gate-policy was pretty relaxed for track campers. The new mgmt explicitly states "Gate closes at 7PM." Any current intel re how strict this deadline is?
    We'll be driving down from Bellingham (3.5 hrs), but Sunday is my wife's birthday; to preserve domestic tranquility, I need to maximize 'family time' before I can go out and play...

2. I wouldn't count on being able to get in at 7:01.

3. Thanks Dan. Just needed to confirm my suspicion...

4. No problem, just keep in mind this is our first time working with the new management as well, can't go breaking the rules immediately. Maybe things will loosen up as they get to know us and see us often, maybe not.

5. And remember to:

• bring your picture ID to registration (so they can keep track of wheelie monsters),
    • wear your helmet anytime you are on the bike, and
    • walk it to v-tech.

It's not Rod's era at all.

Oh, IN.

6. V-tech? We're not all on Honda's

And yes, helmets anytime on a bike in the pits. Bikes at tech must be ready for inspection; lights taped, mirrors taped or removed, check for loose bolts, shake your exhaust make sure it's secure, brake pads have plenty of meat left, tires have sufficient tread, all brakes are installed (including rear brake!), throttle doesn't stick. Any of these will be a no go, and must do to ride on track.

7. My bad. Vehicle tech inspection. crackup:

8. Bike & gear are effectively ready.
    Standard trackday protocol(s) - nothing unusual there.

It's the Track-Mgmt. red tape I'm a bit uneasy about...

I miss Rod already.

9. I'm going, lvl 100 with class. Looking forward to my first track day.... but unfortunately last for a long while.

10. Meh, I noticed Zero difference last Monday from last season...except turn 13 was different and the little mini ridge track is looking pretty cool..

11. Damon Mon Wai

Damon Mon Wai Inspector Gadget

I'll be out there.

:eek:ccasion:

12. I just squeezed myself into my suit that I bought 30 lbs ago. So I'm in.

Question for the more experienced track guys - do you need to be able to breathe while you're out there?

13. RaceFreak

RaceFreak formerly gixxerboy2

On a serious and not serious note, yes... I bought a suit too small and it was so tight I couldn't ride relaxed for more than a couple laps before the fatigue set in from the suit squeezing everywhere. You might find your day kinda sucks riding when you're not comfortable.

14. Fat guy in a little suit! In!

Derick

Gotama likes this.
  15. You go to war with the army you've got.

It seems ok on the bike. Off the bike its fine as long as I drag my knuckles on the ground.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  16. TRAIL BOSS

TRAIL BOSS Defiler of Threads

I heard there was a track day for fat guys?

17. Somebody say donuts?

18. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

relax breath
    take deep breathes
    the new management is willing to work with you as long as you stay in the little white box
    its not that bad

19. There's a box? But I already passed the brc, that's why I'm doing the trackday......