Oregon hwy 245

Discussion in 'Boise Region' started by McRider, Jun 26, 2012.

1. McRider

McRider
    Expand Collapse

Is Oregon 245 (the Oregon Dragon) free of snow?

2. HighDesertRider

HighDesertRider
    Expand Collapse

Yes wide open as far as I know. definatly no snow. I may ride it tomorrow and will post a report

3. HighDesertRider

HighDesertRider
    Expand Collapse

Rode it today... Awesome fun ! There were more tar snakes than I remember as its been a year since I have been on it. Perfect day for riding, the temp was only about 75 or so which kept the snakes sleeping, (only hit a few that moved me much). There is a bit of light sand in many of the corners and only 2-3 golf balls to dodge, after I came in to a few corners a bit on the hot side I abandon my race line tactics and had a much better ride just tracking in the car tracks as they were mostly clean.
    They must have done some maintaince last year or early this spring ?? When this road gets a full new surface its going to be one hell of a ride. (I doubt it will be soon) Still a very fun road and worth the distance. 2 cars came by and that was the only trafic.
    Broke in a new exhaust and diled in the suspension and had a good time doin it, Great way to spend the holiday.

4. CopperSV1

CopperSV1
    Expand Collapse
    (Oregon) City

I Ride:
    13 F6B
    Old thread revival... Traveled to Idaho for a niece's graduation and as I had never been on 245, took a detour on way home. Great road! A bit of gravel through most if it but still doable by riding lines. Reminded me a little of Hwy.36 in northern Cali. Definite must do if you're in the area.