people are nuts here in chicago

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by bwboley, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Seen 2 cruisers wearing jeans tshirts no helmet 1 gsxr no helmet riding like a ass and a goldwing no helmet.
    Lol

2. I saw this fat fuck in Walmart the other day buying 5 gallons of ice cream. Doesn't that guy know what he's eating is killing him? I bet he doesn't have insurance either and I'm gonna end up paying his medical expenses.

3. KevinD

KevinD Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    On two wheels
    And?

Nice...

KevinD

4. Just saying these ppl are nuts lol

5. I snapped this pic when I was there a few months ago. This dude was stylin.

[​IMG]

6. KevinD

KevinD Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    On two wheels
    What's nuts about enjoying a ride?

Illinois, like Idaho, doesn't have a helmet law. If you go to Boise, you'll see the same nuts.

Just sayin'

KevinD

#6 KevinD, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. koorbloh

koorbloh Je Fa Fa

I Ride:
    dirty bikes!
    so? some people live in Portland on purpose, which is more nuts than riding without a helmet.

8. Boise is way different then Chicago ppl drive nuts here. I dont know if i would ride with full gear let alibe jeans T-shirt and shoes only. The guy on the gxsr was weaving in and out of traffic

9. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think people drive fairly well in Chicago, at least they stay out of the fastlane doing 60 for the most part, unlike Seattle!?! :angry7:

It does freak me out to see people riding helmetless on the freeway, though!

10. Yea I'm from here so im used to driving fast but i became a rider in oregon so its crazy seeing helmet less riders. i love doing 80 in the slow lane with a posted limit of 55 and still getting passed lol

11. I'm an Illinois transplant, and I'd take the drivers there over those here any day. If you're used to everyone riding in gear here, going back there and seeing almost everyone without gear and helmets is odd. The riding is different though - the only turns are at intersections.

As for the GSXR rider, he's just a squid....isn't the fact that he's on a Gixxer enough of a clue?

Go Bears!!!

12. Isn't Obama from Chicago?

Pretty much sums it up then.

13. Just one more thing to love about that town. :stir:

14. 8)They probably don't have illegal gravel over there.

15. I noticed that too! During my two weeks there, not once did I get stuck behind someone marinating in the left lane.

+1

16. Obama is not from here hes from Hawaii (or kenya) he worked here and ruined this state now he did the same to the us :p
    And yes GO BEARS i was born in elgin! Lol

#16 bwboley, Oct 10, 2012
  17. Don't be dense. It's nuts because if they crash they're dead. But you obviously knew this when writing your reply. I wish I could talk to the people that didn't survive accidents that a helmet would have saved them from and rub it in their faces that their "MURIKA FREEDUM" is the reason they're dead. We developed a device designed to protect you in times like this, it's called a helmet. I think that if you want to kill yourself then at least man up and do it with a bullet to the skull and not via proxy by crashing a motorcycle with no helmet and leaving a big bloody mess for everyone to gawk at as they drive by your pieces.

Also, how can you enjoy having everything that flies through the air hit you in the face.... bugs, rocks, sand, etc? No thanks! Sounds like a good way to go blind.

Everyone in those states is free to decide to not wear a helmet but that doesn't make it any less nuts. I'm not advocating helmet laws in all states either, since it does still come down to personal choice. Women don't have to all wear burkas here, so neither should all motorcyclists have to wear helmets. But going without either when it could make the difference between life and death that day is retarded in my opinion.

No disrespect to fallen riders, but most around here were at least wearing helmets. Sometimes it doesn't do enough, and that's unfortunate both for the riders and their families. But I can guarantee that none of them were riding around bragging about how badass they are by not wearing a helmet. Same as smoking cigarettes to look 'cool' in high school - you might think you're cool but that whole death thing will catch up to you quick.

#17 D675Freak, Oct 10, 2012
  18. KevinD

KevinD Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    On two wheels
    You're preachin' to the choir here, Bubba.

I just don't go around trying to shove my views down anyone's throat...

KevinD

19. FireDave

FireDave Banned Camp

I'm sure the guy on the Guzzi V7 has over-thought ever piece of his rather schizo and metro ensemble, from his Lisa Loeb glasses (is his wife wearing his glasses?), his Wham-3-day-growth, down to his shiny/pointy Bruno Maglis. Doesn't he know that most bikers think he looks like a fool?

But I'll give him credit for not wearing the typical-mid-westerner's extra 100 lbs.

20. This is a forum, is it not? The point of it is to post and discuss.