close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Post YOUR motorcycle videos

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Anastasia, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

jezterr likes this.

2. Did you find that bump in the road up there I was telling you about?

3. I'm sure I hit it ;) It seemed as though some of the bumps moved to get in my way.

4. There are a couple up there that I swear go all the way across the road!

5. You guys need to ditch the GoPros and pick up a Contour. They local, make a better cam, more streamline, more durable, and you don't have ride around with a fucking juice box on your head.

Anyway, here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HubHACXCCsY

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  6. my juice box skipped across the rode at 80mph today and i used it the rest of the day just fine. thats why i like the go-pros

7. That's pretty rowdy but check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jePd4rIBX-Y

Also heard of one being dropped 3k feet by a skydiver and surviving like no big deal.

8. Plausible. Deniabilty.

- wiki

Just some friendly advice.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  9. I love the 1:00 mark tunnel / music transition!

10. Honest question: what makes it a better camera? I've looked at these two cameras a lot. Haven't bought yet, but I've been looking.

The contour seems to be the best camera if you want a helmet mounted camera. And looking at countour's own page, that's what they show the most. And so in that aspect, I agree it is more streamline for helmet mounts.

However, for a camera that can be mounted anywhere, it really appears the go pro has it.

Comparing the $299 Countour to the $299 GoPro:

-The go pro comes with a waterproof housing
    -The go pro has an 11MP sensor, the Countour has a 5MP sensor
    -The go pro will shoot as fast as 120fps, the contour at 60fps max
    -The go pro comes with 6 mounts, the contour only 2
    -The go pro will shoot time lapse mode photo every .5 seconds, to contour only as fast as every 3 seconds
    -The go pro is 3.3 oz without housing, 5.9 oz with housing, the contour is 5.2 oz without housing, and unknown with housing.
    -The contour will however bluetooth your shot to your phone, which is bitching for setting up the shot.

These are stats pulled from each of their own websites. It seems like the better camera for overall everything is the gopro, but the better camera if you just want it helmet mounted is the contour, because of it's shape alone.

Not trying to start a fight, but calling you out on "better." I get people are going to have their favorites, and that's fine. Not sure if you can say that one is honestly noticeably more durable than the other.

11. this is starting to turn into a d#@! measuring contest between cameras. i like both cameras and think they both have great quality videos. i like my contour because its low profile, gopro has brighter colors and better sound. but thats not what this post is about. just saying, and for everyone who posted videos there all awesome. heres mine but its dirt!and by the way my contour 1080p was only $115 new on amazon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3x1tiQAaPk

12. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

Heads up, the Contour as it comes is already water/shock proof. Doesn't need an extra housing. Yes, it's better for helmet mounts. I got mine for 89 bucks......but it's not the GPS/Bluetooth model that costs 299. Did I mention the 299 Contour has a GPS feature that maps your ride for you? And connects to your iPhone or Android device for wireless viewing? No need for a BacPac if you already have a smartphone.

Yeah, the GoPro has better technical specs, but for people who strap it on, ride, and post it to YouTube, will you really see the difference? Somehow I doubt it.

13. I can hehe... my Contour exploded when it contacted the ground where as all the gopros I have owned stay in tact :mrgreen: My HD Gopro snapped off my helmet and just tumbled and kept taking vid and still works :) So ye the GoPro is more durable ;)

Here's my old wide angle and you can see the difference from then to todays video quality :mfclap:

https://vimeo.com/6782969

Here's where the cam get ripped off my helmet and kept working :) it's at the 12 min mark
    https://vimeo.com/27959993

Oh and the New Hero 2 it will also do Bluetooth mode with the added (yes I know added) wifi back pack ;)

14. Which Contour was it? Old 1080p?

15. Cool, thats the kind of info I was looking for. Is it water proof as far as rain goes, or actually underwater? Not that I plan to go underwater. I've been shopping them both. If you're going to throw it on youtube, I agree, it's going to look crappy on youtube.

Different specs, different features, same price....what appeals to you most is what it comes down too....I guess.