close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pro caliber or beaverton honda/kawi?

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by bwboley, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I was told to take my bike to a kawi dealer instead of EDR what one do you guys trust? I dont care on cost i dont have to pay for it

edit for after accident check over from being rear ended

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

Who told you that? Insurance companies cannot dictate where you get your bike repaired. There are laws against that. Tell the insurance company to pound sand and take it wherever you want.

That being said, I'd go to Beaverton myself.

3. No few ppl ive talk to said i should take it to a dealer

4. EDR does estimates, but they charge ~150... They did mine when a cop hit my r6 and the city paid it no questions.

5. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball Staff Member

Better idea. Come see Brian over here at Hoodview in Vancouver off St Johns. He would probably look at it for you and give you a quote.

6. ya i need my motor checked over to since i was in 1st gear when it got it it made a scary sound before shutting down

edit probaly could have been my tire popping lol

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. I took my bike to edr after I had my accident 2 yrs ago. They did the estimate and worked with the insurance.

8. It's important that you don't get an ojt mechanic. EDR, is competent by reputation. I've had pro caliber change tires for me but for anything harder than that I'm taking It to Hoodview, who beats pc on parts anyway. Burglar bobs or pro cal isn't going to produce a better post salvage bike for you. And and Hoodview does paint and body too.

9. i went ahead and took it to EDR

10. Poke around enough and you'll find out about Pro-scabuler...

I have had nothing but bad experiences with them, i've been to the one in Vancouver "Joke" in a pich i hit up the bend Shop "Joke" IMHO stay away!

11. +1 I highly recommend Brian/Hoodview. He does top notch work and his customer service goes above and beyond.