close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Proud dad moment

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by GSXR10HUNERT, Apr 29, 2013.

1. So I was driving my daughter to school today when she said something I think to myself almost everyday. She said, "dad, can't I just stay home from school today and we can go for a ride?" How do you say no to that???

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

thrasher, Deacon71 and Worldtraveller like this.
  2. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

3. :mfclap: She'll remember that over whatever she would have learned in school today anyway. Good dad points.

4. I don't have kids but if I did I think I too would find it incredibly difficult to turn down such a suggestion.

Schools almost out for the year and I'm sure she'll learn more constructive things on the bike anyway! :mrgreen:

5. I can't wait until my little bear is old enough to ride with me!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. lol ya schools a joke youlll lurn more on the back of the bike anyway =p your an awesome dad

7. Years ago, my Son was in the 3rd grade. Told me he wanted to ride the bus instead of me taking him to school on the bike.
    Kids....

8. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Well, was it the Top Fueler?!? crackup:

9. :mfclap::mfclap::mfclap::mfclap::mfclap:

10. +1

My boys are in online high school, which resolved those conflicts for them.

11. :scratchea

12. Not hatin', but as a high school English teacher, the irony of this post is just delicious.
    :lol:

KevinD, trav87 and Worldtraveller like this.
  13. I don't have kids but I still think that's pretty cool :mfclap:
    Tells me you're not doing too bad of a job.

14. I'll just add that my daughter asked to ride again this summer after last years 1st excursion on the bike...
    We'll be looking to borrow the GEAR again soon!!

Love that shit-eating-grin she showed me after pulling off her helmet after a pretty good and really FAST PASS of a too slow car in front of us!!

Ya- we'll be riding again this summer - AFTER school is out though. High school on B.I. is not too conducive to "skipping"... Now Grade school...

15. Well, no.
    But it was the beginnings of my first funny bike
    84 GS1150 with a 1427 big block. Twin turbo...
    Ran low 7's.
    used to run it around Kingsgate....
    Cops didn't think much of me at the time.

16. crackup:crackup:crackup:

17. Gearing up for our 2-up Sunday ride, I ask my 7 year old son "Want to wear the riding belt or just hang on?" He replies, "riding belt, I want to do wheelies!"

18. My thoughts exactly! (except the part about being an English teacher)

19. Doesn't everyone else remember riding on the back of their parents bikes as kids? I always got dropped off at school by my mom on the back of her goldwing and everyone thought it was so cool. It's weird to think that I'll be doing that someday.