Received a threat, guys, what would you like me to do?

Discussion in 'Westside' started by jonathandowers, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathandowers

jonathandowers
    Expand Collapse

So I posted an honest account about a particularly bad experience on an online leathershop: http://pnwriders.com/reviews/150106-short-review-www-leather-shop-biz.html

Now I just got a message 5 minutes ago from the guy:
    "Hey
    Hey you better delete that post you made about my company that is slander and i'm already taking action legally. I know who you are (after doing some digging - cant hide these days) and will put a lien on you for $1000 a day that the post stays up. I did not like the way you asked me those questions thats why i hung up on you. I could tell just by your wimpy voice you were a waste of time and i dont need to tell you shit. I am ready to tell the lawyer to send you the notice it is written up, you slandered me since Sept 2010 that's worth at least a million but you probably are not worth 10 cents. I will know for sure what you have once we file the lien because we have to do a lien search first. I will enjoy riding your bike, thanks up front unless you remedy it now.

Ron"

Apparently Ron's been stalking me, lawyered up, going to sue me for a million dollars (even though I'm only worth 10 cents), and take my bike.

This is just too much for me to handle.

2. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

lol you can review whatever you like without repercussion. Slander my ass, that dude is just using scare tactics.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12
    Expand Collapse

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. This is awesome. I hope nobody buys shit from him now.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  4. YamahaRider

YamahaRider
    Expand Collapse

Well first off its not slander its libel and second its only libel if you post something and act as if its fact when its actually incorrect. I'd call his bluff and wish him good luck in serving you.
    Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

5. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

No shit, talk about losing your customer base.

Hey Ron, no one here will EVER buy your gear, your a douche, and you can take a short step off a tall cliff.

6. ShiftLock

ShiftLock
    Expand Collapse

if thats the case people all ove rthe net would be getting sued for all their bad reviews put in blogs and such..

Slander:
    noun
    defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.
    a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.
    Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.
    verb (used with object)
    to utter slander against; defame.

So for him to win in court he has to have proof of defamation and defend that the statement is false and that it damages his good name.. which doesnt give him much room considering his lack of professionalism in the letter he sent you.. Counter suit?

" I did not like the way you asked me those questions thats why i hung up on you. I could tell just by your wimpy voice you were a waste of time and i dont need to tell you shit. I am ready to tell the lawyer to send you the notice it is written up, you slandered me since Sept 2010 that's worth at least a million but you probably are not worth 10 cents. I will know for sure what you have once we file the lien because we have to do a lien search first. I will enjoy riding your bike, thanks up front unless you remedy it now."

7. I would ask him how come he was only going for a $1000 a day lien against you, and to please send me those lawsuit papers for a million plus as soon as he can. Until then, tell him he can fuck right off and have a nice day.

He is lying, bullying, and trying to intimidate you. He has nothing.

8. CForce

CForce
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Find this icon at the top-right of the private message: [​IMG] and click it. Post your relevant information into it and the site staff will handle. We don't tolerate threats.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  9. Check your PMs

#9 ZX10Rider, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  10. Rodizle

Rodizle
    Expand Collapse

Cut and paste that to another review. crackup: then he can sue himself for being a douche.

11. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

You fucking rock, mang!

12. just4fun

just4fun
    Expand Collapse

Every paying customer has the right to say whatever they want regarding their experience. Screw him, IMO, he is bluffing.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  13. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

If he seen your post he must be a member, or lurker on the board. But his contact # is area code 315, upstate new york. Whatta cock gobbler.

14. Haha!
    Thanks for bringing this to light.
    Guess he'd better pick up the want ads on his way home.

15. bnalz

bnalz
    Expand Collapse

By his definition of Slander you would be able to put a lein on his post by saying you have a whimpy voice and questioning your monetary worth! Naw , won't deal with him either. Thanks for the heads up.

16. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

No doubt, as if we would ever, but now, good luck getting any business from anyone on this board.

As if id give my money to some upstate New York mook.

17. Rat

Rat
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    TBD
    Yes - And if he sent you a letter as you described, then he has provided you documentation as PROOF that your comments about him are accurate and correct, and he has already kindly provided you all the evidence you need to prevail and have any case he makes against you dismissed.

Call his bluff.
    Laugh all the way to the courthouse (although it appears he's in Alberta, CN??)
    This is about as slam-dunk as it gets.

While you're at it, let him know that he is already on the internet as someone to not do business with, because of his own actions and statements.
    Further advise him that we are a large group, and undoubtedly many of us also frequent other sites and participate in other groups (online & offline) and will be more than happy to spread the word about this shithead (all over the world).

Thaloc and Jims08Z06 like this.
  18. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

+1 and +1

I hope this guy has something to fall back on, cause I think his leather business is out the door.

19. kenr74

kenr74
    Expand Collapse

Is Ron a short bald man?

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  20. galenernest

galenernest
    Expand Collapse
    I bathe with candles, flowers, jazz music, and rub

I Ride:
    Jialing 150 enduro
    What's his user name? He sent you a PM through PNWriders.com I presume?

And, yeah... there is no case. I doubt there is even a lawyer he is talking with. He is just a foolish business owner.