Reno-Fernley

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by YOUNG HEART 750, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Headed down there in a couple weekends for a 3 day track weekend. Never been there and have been looking forward to trying a different track. Any advise from those that have been, anyone else planning on going?
    I would do the Motofit weekend at ORP but have obligations for this coming weekend.

2. I have never been there, but have heard from others that have.

Pros: Lots of corners, lots of elevation changes, good layout and fun to ride.

Cons: no facilities and it's bumpy, really really really bumpy.

3. So Pat it is the opposite of ORP, well kinda.

4. dirtburch

dirtburch Motofit Group

It is indeed really bumpy but super fun CW or CCW full course and / or abbreviated. Make sure you have your canopy anchored well because the afternoon wind can completely wipe out your paddock SUDDENLY like something out of the three little pigs. Have fun out there Jeff :thumbup:

5. Thanks Rob. I will keep that in mind. I really wish I could attend your event as well. Always a blast riding with you guys.
    Hey any word on that brake conversion kit I asked you about recently?

6. Burphel

I Ride:
    2004 SV650S
    Can't comment on the track, but I did a couple paintball games at the field right next to it. As somebody else has mentioned, the weather is prone to wild swings. Secure your stuff real good and be sure to bring a set of winter clothes just in case. It's a small town, so if you haven't checked, it pays to reserve a motel early. They fill up fast if there's a rodeo or something in town. Also, bottled water. They had a rash of funny lookin' kids a while back.

7. WOW!!!! Bumpy is a pretty good description of the surface. But once I got used to it, what a great track. Had a blast. I will go back for sure. Any one getting bored with your usual track or just want to try something different, I highly recommend it.

8. Have they pushed back the 'desert' in the run off areas? I was there a few years agbo and there were some pretty nasty rocks and boulders and ditches quite close to the racing surface. It IS a very fun track. Watch out for wild horses in the AM...

Don Hanson