Ride Of the Century(NW) 2013

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by 253SpeedShop, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 253SpeedShop

253SpeedShop
    Expand Collapse

Hello I'm Joshua Scheer Host of the ROC(NW) 2013,
    I would like to invite everyone who would like to join in on the most anticipated ride of the year 2013. The link to the FaceBook site is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-Of-the-CenturyNW-2013/287273951384049 and The information is updated all the time. I'm currently out of the country but if you have any Questions I will answer them as fast as I can.

For those of you who clearly don't know how to use a computer, here is the info so you stop asking me!

- About

This Ride will be the most talked about and anticipated ride of the year!

- Description

ROC(NW) 2013 late summer time frame, is for all the Street/Stunt/Sport bike Riders to come together and go on a ride. This will be one of the biggest rides of the Year!! The Ride will start at 11:00am. Please arrive early so at 11:00am we can roll. There will be donations taken at the Ride and given to a charity for people in wheelchairs with the need of repairs but don't have enough funding to... make those maintenance repairs. The Ride as of now is planned to be held at the end of the summer with No meet spot yet. The ride will be a huge loop of the Tacoma to Seattle area and will start and end in Tacoma.
    The Oyster Run is for the V-Twin guys, the ROC(NW) is for the Street/Stunt/Sport Bike Riders! Pass it on and tell your friends.

10:00 - 10:30pm - Meet up
    10:30 - 10:45pm - Prepping for the Ride
    10:45 - 11:00pm - Kickstands up and rolling out!!

Come to the Ride gassed up and ready to roll.. :)

Thank You for your time,

#1 253SpeedShop, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

So what makes this ride so "epic"?

3. james1300

james1300
    Expand Collapse
    Track School Dazed

+1 How many days is it? Is it an over night event?
    If ya want to post an event, thats GREAT! If ya want people to get excited about it post-up

Who? When? Where? Why? The event Dates and, times. What is the event geared towards and, what charity is the event supporting?
    Food? Band?Vendors?

Having to dig through face book posts is slow and turns people off.

4. Texasl

Texasl
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
    Here is waht I did manage to dig up from the face book page.

About
    Show-N-Shine/Charity/EPIC Ride
    Description
    ROC(NW) 2013 September 8th, is for all the Sport bike Riders to come together for a day and hangout go on a ride together. THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST SPORT/STREET BIKE EVENT ALL YEAR!! The day will start with a show and end with a ride mid day. There will be donations taken at the event and given to a charity for people in wheelchairs with the need of repairs but don't have enough funding to make... those maintenance repairs. The event as of now is planned to be held at the Cheney Stadium in Tacoma. The ride will be a huge loop of the Tacoma to Seattle area and will start and end in Tacoma.
    The Oyster Run is for the V-Twin guys, the ROC(NW) is for the Street/Sport Bike Riders! Pass it on and tell your friends.

8:00 - 11:00am - Show~N~Shine(viewers choice judging)
    11:30 - 12:00am - Winners announced
    12:15 - 12:30pm - Charity Announcement
    1:30 - 2:00pm - Prepping for the Ride
    2:15 - 2:30pm - Kickstands up and rolling out!!

The route has not been determined yet but 01 Fuel stop will be planned.. so come to the event Gassed up and ready to roll.. :)

**NOTE* No need to register your group for the event, Simply just show up with your group, your buddies, or yourself! No hassle, just show up and have a great time.* Tho only thing you need to fill out is a slip with your bike info if your going to enter the Show-N-Shine. and that peice of paper just goes on your bike to give details.. thats it!See More

Somehow spending 6+ hours standing around playing pocket pool just to take part in a giant high speed parade around the Tacoma-Seattle area does not seem to be my cup of tea, but to each his own. In that amount of time I can have breakfast in Tacoma, coffee in Yakima, and just be sitting down to a late lunch in Leavenworth.

5. RedKat600

RedKat600
    Expand Collapse
    Vintage Screwball
    Staff Member

Why is this in RideReports? Should be in the Tacoma section or Marketplace until after the ride.

6. 253SpeedShop

253SpeedShop
    Expand Collapse

I can slim it down to meet up and ride. I figured there could be something more? The epic part of it is 1000+ bikes in one mass rolling together. I'm hoping for 5000 in attendance for the ride.

::UPDATED TIMELINE::
    8:00 - 10:00am - Show~N~Shine(viewers choice judging)
    10:00 - 10:15 - Winners announced
    10:15 - 10:30pm - Charity Announcement
    10:30 - 10:45pm - Prepping for the Ride
    10:45 - 11:00pm - Kickstands up and rolling out!!

#6 253SpeedShop, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  7. 253SpeedShop

253SpeedShop
    Expand Collapse

I'm gearing this event for more than just Tacoma. I'm gearing it for statewide.

8. RedKat600

RedKat600
    Expand Collapse
    Vintage Screwball
    Staff Member

Then it should go in the Marketplace under the Events section.

9. Texasl

Texasl
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    A couple of questions:

1.) Do you realize that Puget Sound Safety has a BRC scheduled for the south parking lot of Cheney Stadium that day?

2.) Have you contacted the Rainiers, etc. for the use of the parking lot yet?

10. mcjunky

mcjunky
    Expand Collapse

Ride of the century goes down in a couple big cities, usually associated with stunting and sometimes shutting down freeways all together. I thought the Dallas incident with the cop and helmet cam came from that last year, not 100% sure though
    A little vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2n4nm8F2Wk

11. mjn

mjn
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Admin
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    '05 Busa, '81 Seca 550, '78 Hawk, '69 Z50A
    moved to the marketplace

12. 253SpeedShop

253SpeedShop
    Expand Collapse

A couple of questions:

1.) Do you realize that Puget Sound Safety has a BRC scheduled for the south parking lot of Cheney Stadium that day?

2.) Have you contacted the Rainiers, etc. for the use of the parking lot yet?

I have a meeting tomorrow with Nicole from Cheney Stadium and my buddy Brian will be standing in for me under the circumstances.

13. 253SpeedShop

253SpeedShop
    Expand Collapse

I know what a ride of the century intales. That's why I'm bringing it here.

14. lazyeye

lazyeye
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    CBR600RR, Bolt
    Sounds interesting.

Whats the charity component? What are the categories for the show and shine?

15. mcjunky

mcjunky
    Expand Collapse

I'd imagine you did since you are putting it together................................. but it sounded like nobody else did

16. nemisis714

nemisis714
    Expand Collapse

I would totally be down to do that with you Larry, that sounds more awesome than what basically amounts to a giant Starbucks meetup

17. TRAIL BOSS

TRAIL BOSS
    Expand Collapse
    Defiler of Threads

I Ride:
    for OPRT with an '09 ZX-10R, an '07 SXV550 (The Darkness) and a '13 ZX14R (Mjölnir).
    Oh sweet! A bunch retards in Icon vests and helmet mohawks throwing down reciprocal handjobs, then parading through a "loop" of Seattle and Tacoma, stunting and shutting down the freeway?!? :tard:

Fucking. Out.

And +1!

A little WA state circumnavigation sounds far more interesting.

#17 TRAIL BOSS, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  18. Texasl

Texasl
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    Give me a shout when the passes open up. There is a great cafe in Nile, just before SR 410 and SR 12 come together with fantastic sticky buns and good coffee.

19. Cyclotron

Cyclotron
    Expand Collapse

20. 253SpeedShop

253SpeedShop
    Expand Collapse

The charity componentis my sisters charity. She is in a wheel chair and founded a charity for her friends and friends of friends to collect money for costly repairs on the lifts and wheelchairs. It's called Wheelchairs Up.