close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride to Neah Bay, Sun. 9/30

Discussion in 'Kitsap' started by daytona595, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Going to ride from Port Orchard out to Neah Bay this Sunday, well at least as far as Sekiu, that last part of the road to Neah Bay is pretty crappy sometimes. Will probably come back via 113 through Sappho, make kind of a loop out of it. Leave Port Orchard about 0800, meet at the boat launch downtown across from City Hall, a late breakfast at Hiway 101 Diner in Sequim about 0900-0915. This will be a somewhat spirited ride, keeping in mind that 112 can be a little dangerous, and patrolled! I am already sorry that David can't make it this weekend.

2. Texasl

Texasl Totally Charming Retired Moderator

That may be my Friday adventure, so I will give you a road report.

(I have an illness pending.)

3. Honey do List is BIG!!
    So wishing I could be on this run!!

There is the Brit rider in PA -
    Jay - I think is his name!! (bwaahaha)
    He may jump in!!
    DavidK

4. Might be worth a blip out to Ozette Lake if you got time. Pretty twisty road.

5. This sounds pretty tempting... Ill check back as the weekend gets closer

6. Wish i could go...Got two cords of wood to split and stack Sunday...

7. Larry, I appreciate you going and checking it out, sorry you can't roll with us on Sunday. Country going to be safe with you out of the loop for a day?

8. Texasl

I plan on retiring in January of 21014, so they have to learn to cope. Just look at it as a trial separation.

9. 21,014 (AD) - Larry - you must have some PILLS I have not even heard of yet...
    I mean 20,000 more years of WORK does seem a little excessive - even to me!!
    Kinda fun to think about how folks might be hovering around the planet - if SHE is still here - at that point!!
    I am thinking though that you might have just added a "1" in the wrong place!!

10. Texasl

Choices:

1.) I am a cruddy typist.

2.) I am way to ornery to die.

3.) I measure time based on a late Pleistocene Epoch (ice age) calendar. (Nothing like early Homo Sapiens swim suit models)

Some have postulated that I am immortal because Heaven won't take me and Hell is afraid I'll take over. :nana

Okay, let's try 2014

11. Texasl

112 is actually in pretty good shape. There has been lots of road work done over the summer.

Don't forget to grab the tag when you get out there, along with having an espresso if the shop is open.

12. Nice weather, light traffic. Hiway 112 is in pretty good shape, I had a few rough spots mess up my line but I was pushing it for part of the ride. Fog set in at Seiku, made that my turnaround point.

13. Texasl

I found some fog at Seiku too, but it broke up just past there. David is going to be really miffed that you did not continue and retrieve the tag. :secret:

Did you end up going solo?

14. Yep, no one else wanted to go have that kind of fun today, I guess. It looked like there was blue sky if I had kept going west from Seiku, I was glad to beat the Sunday traffic back from PA/Sequim. That stretch of 101 and Hiway 3 are kind of a drag on Sundays.

15. Texasl

The afternoon traffic from PA back to PO is one of the reasons that I have this silly tendency to come back via the coast and Shelton.

That and my aversion to backtracking. :mrgreen:

16. Miffed - No....
    Disappointed???
    Looks like Jay is UP !!
    But - My new HEATED gloves are supposed to be delivered TOMORROW!!
    WooHoo...
    Glad you hada good run Clark...
    Fog Sucks - I understand!!

17. With new gloves on Monday you may come down with the same illness Texasl had last Friday :roll:

18. Those will be great to have, I was in Olympia last Saturday, I should have stopped by Gerbings.

19. I ALWAYS have Fridays OFF!! ....
    Just saying!!

20. Texasl

The coffee was pretty good there at the tag.