close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Riders on the Northern Coast speak up!!

Discussion in 'Astoria' started by Repsol Recon, Jun 21, 2007.

1. As much as I love to ride to Portland everytime I feel the urge to see another biker It would be nice to know who actually lives/rides out here on the coast often so we can meet up. I have seen a few sportbikes and a handful of cruisers, and even a bigger handful of Harleys. If you like hitting up 202, 26, 101, 47, 53, or anyother twisty HWY out this way hit me up. I ride everyday, in fact I don't even own a car. Just looking to make my rides more enjoyable with a few more folks.

2. Hey Rep,
    there are a lot of riders here from the Portland vicinity that ride down to the coast. Hwy101 via Hwy53 and such. I might even make it out that way tomorrow if I can sneak out from work :ninja:
    If I can I will make a post here. I am sure there are other riders that would like to ride down your way too. Check for ride posts daily. Hope to cya some time.8)

3. Roncrdr is going to be moving their shortly. Otherwise, I think it's time you start spreading the word of PNW love :thumblef:

4. I spread the love everyday.

5. Timmy

Timmy Guest

Speaking of spreading the love....Where can I get one of those PNWRiders.com stickers that you have on your windscreed Santi? I'd wear it with pride!

6. I might be able to scrounge one or two up.... if I can I'll bring it tonight.

7. Yep, I'm getting transferred to Group Astoria. I'll be leaving Florida next Friday and hoping to be in town 3-4 days after that. Still trying to get an address for housing, but they tell me they can't give it to me until I get there. I'll have to call SK1 again when he gets back on Monday. I swear that guy is never in the office. What unit are you at? I'll ride year round with you. Cold weather and rain doesn't bother me.

Ron

8. I am at group Astoria also...at least until the beginning of Sept. It will be nice to have another year round rider. Too many people out here are fair weather folks. I see them ride into work, then I ask if they want to go hit up 47 or whatever and it is always the same shit, to busy, got kids, blah, blah, blah. Not being able to find guys that own bikes is one thing, but for christ sake, there has to be at least 10 people at the group that ride.....they just don't like to "ride" I guess.

9. Do I like to ride? I'll put it this way, I have 19,961 miles on my 06 Z1000 that I bought brand new last June. I ride through anything I could care less. Rode through a tropical storm last year. It was pretty scary going over the howard franklin bridge with 80 mph gusts on my side.

Where you going in Sept?

What rate are you?

I'm an OS1 I'll be in the command center

Ron

10. I am a Non-rate......the tip of the Coast Guard Spear, hahaha. After my time in the Marine Corps it is a difficult change but no more Sand Box Deployments. I put 16,000 miles on my old 954RR in 9 months. I have 13,500 on my 05 1000RR and that is including being away from it for 7 months. It will be good to have you up here.