Riding sport bikes in Mexico

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by old man, Sep 10, 2012.

1. You've probably seen our post on looking for a mechanic for our sport bikes here in Mexico, in exchange for a one-week vacation. It appears we have someone interested and qualified.

With the response we've had from riders on PNWRiders, we would like to extend an invitation for anyone who wants to come to Mexico. We will furnish a place to stay and the motorcycle to ride. Your expense would be airfare to Manzanillo, Mexico.

We're on the same latitude as Hawaii. We have a large guest suite, and three bikes to ride. Best months are November - April.

These photos show the house and bikes (a little 750 GSXR, a ZX-10R and a ZX-14).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1shinysideup and courier11sec like this.
  2. Sounds awesome! I'd love to go but because I was hit by a car recently and have been missing work I need to be home for therapy... but man... a trip to mexico would be some much needed therapy in itself! I do have a passport!

3. What's the catch?

4. Wyckedan

I Ride:
    RSV4 Factory
    That is an insanely generous offer. I'll be in Cabo the first week of November, and looking at the map, unfortunately, it's just too far to make the trek over to Manzanillo.

5. its Mexico

Locutus likes this.
  6. 1shinysideup

I Ride:
    a barstool
    GHB is free, so is the Gimp :secret: j/k

that's mighty generous of you!

7. I drove about halfway to his place this July, if we were better prepared to stay somewhere we would have gone down there to check it out. Who knows, maybe this winter or next year.

8. this is an amazing opportunity. I might be able to take you up on it around january or february. My friend/roommate darren mentioned you years ago and said you're on of the best riders around. I was hoping to get the opportunity to meet you at some point. His handle is midnightmotorsports. Not sure if you remember him or not. Anyway, hope to come down. - Nick

9. Manzanillo is nowhere near Mexico City or all the bad wrap Mexico has. Manzanillo is laid back. Twisted, twisties twisties in all directions except west, you'll run into the ocean

10. dscott3509

dscott3509 Parts Collector

Mexico is big, bad, scary, and you will die if you even look at the water or land. Be afraid, be very afraid, do not go.

**having said that, the offer is awesome, and unfortunately, I have no vacation left this year for trips. Next year, we are unsure where our travels will take us. If something changes and we are looking to Mexico, a PM will be on the way.

11. Diana

I Ride:
    2014 BMW S1000R
    Oh wow...beautiful place and very generous offer. Is this the same "old man" I rode with once upon a time? Don't remember where our final destination was but we were headed towards Maupin/Fossil. I remember thinking at that time how awesome it was that you were still riding a sportbike and not some old man bike. ;)

12. AWESOME! does not describe how cool this is.
    You have a beautiful home and some fine bikes.
    Thank you for the invite, sir.

13. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

Wow! That's a very generous and kind offer. I'm not sure when we will be going down to visit family in Mexico next, but when we do...

I hope the family doesn't mind me disappearing for a few days to go make new friends in manzanillo.

Imma save this thread, cause imma need it.

Thank you!

14. Lemme get this straight, you're offering a free place to stay and nice motorcycles to ride, for free, to any stranger that sees this posting and can afford to get down there? :scratchea

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm usually skeptical about something that sounds too good to be true...what is your motivation for doing this?

15. Bluuu

Bluuu Señor verde

Maybe he's just a damn nice guy. Ya know, there are a few of those left in the world.

16. Wow. You live in paradise!
    There are people wandering this earth that are simply that awesome.

kd7svh likes this.
  17. He is a Damn Nice Guy and a very experienced rider. A number of people from this site have been down to his place and had a blast.

18. This would be an incredible trip!

Sadly I wouldn't be able to make it until next years season because of prior obligations to military training, starting in January.

I hope that the offer still stands next year!!

I'm bookmarking this thread.

19. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Post Whore (In Training)

Yup, so Old Man, when are you going to back up this way?

20. Can't afford to come to Oregon anymore...too many speeding tickets! (Happen to know a good attorney?!) Was able to check my speed limiter on my ZX-14 in Mexico.