close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Roll call: this Saturday 7/28 PR, 2-fast

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by JRguse, Jul 22, 2012.

1. I edited mine. I thought you threw a red flag for another crash in T2?

2. 2-fast crew always does a great job! Seems like there are always a lot of crashes regaurdless. Yes, Pacific sucks in comparison to ORP, and especially The Ridge... And yes, juniormonkey was there for photos

3. Thanks for the details, I was certain you had your reasons. I should have been more clear - I saw a red flag and thought it would be excessive to roll an ambulance for my scratched finger.

That was a good call, thanks for being there! And to everyone who helped/didn't hit me...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  4. PR's surface doesn't inspire confidence like the newer tracks, but crummy pavement is a reality with riding. The Ridge and ORP have some bumps and will develop more. It's a good skill to develop, something I'll be focusing on.

5. OOk

OOk beansbaxter is too lazy to come up with something

Difference is orp and ridge will resurface their tracks more often than never.

6. PR is pure death and I was loving every second.
    Started getting warmed up cruising 36's with JR ....
    And I finally got my first crash under my belt.

I was the big dust cloud seen from space in turn 2.
    Yellow flag and rode back in. I think it was the 4th
    Session. JR has video of it.

Thanks 2fast for getting me up, back in and checked
    Out by the aid unit. Made my experience super chill.
    You guys are awesome.

7. I had a great day!!! I just love being at the track riding and hanging out with fun good people.

I really wish I had a vid of my last session chasing Yard Sale on his tard around. I was laughing in my helmet the whole time.

Thanks to all the 2 Fast Staff

8. :roll: 26's are consistently done in 600SS at PR...and 23's in FU...I don't think it was quite pure death at 36's...

9. I didn't get many hot laps, but had a good time working at grid. Sorry to see so many crashes, but glad to see no one hurt seriously.

10. Someone did go down pretty hard on T3 in one of the sessions. The guy I pit next to said he had a broken clavicle and concussion. Anyone hear how he's doing?

11. Speaking for the track. Not my times. Being that the track has
    A good level of danger and the surface is a meat grinder. Brings
    A smile to my face from the thrill and excitement.

I was just riding at my own pace and had a great day while it lasted.
    I'm very new to all this just like you and I'm sure I have less seat time...
    So the little things like my first off is cool to me.

12. It's always the "pavement" "the tires" "the rain" "the bike" "the suspension" ......
    It's never the rider who caused the crash.

Wasn't able to ride due to mechanical issues, but had a fun day regardless. Was a little busy for most of the day.

13. You're riding well. I understood what you were getting at. Those reasons are the reasons I love PR. It's not a perfect track. It challenges your abilities and forces you to ride the bike and the tracks conditions. Too many riders think they're good riders because they ride around orp, trmp and pir with perfect surfaces. PR will make you a better rider.

Glad to see you had a good get off.

14. Thanks, and yes the challenges are what I'm after as my goal is to be a better rider. Progress, having fun,learning from my mistakes and going home at the end of the day are all in the mix.

You guys were working hard and did a great job as usual. Sucks you didnt get to ride.

15. Thanks mark for being an awesome teacher. Thanks rob and Wendy . You guys are awesome

16. How'd your bike hold up after your crash?

17. Much better than yours faired.

18. Pic for pic? How did YOUR bike fare?

19. My front end looks fine thanks for asking. Finished off the sessions fine and Wendy is awesome .

20. Oh his front end is fine too. Jeez look at all the questions. He's okay too thanks for asking.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012