Rossi to Yamaha?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RC51, Aug 2, 2012.

1. RC51

RC51
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Motorcycle
  2. barry.mccockener

barry.mccockener
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Lions and Tigers and Bears!
    According to Rossi, we'll know before Indy. And Spies to BMW WSBK? Who's going to fill Rossi's spot if he leaves? Crutchlow? Where will Dovi end up in all of this? Will edwards move back to Tech 3? Will the CRT biles in 2013 be piloted with lab monkeys? Stay tuned as Silly Season 2012 continues to entertain!!!

3. DGA

DGA
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Finish what? Butting heads?

Good for Vale, I'd like to see him be on a competitive machine again.

4. DM47

DM47
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    ... here and there ...
    KA-BOOM

5. strangerin

strangerin
    Expand Collapse

seems to be done deal according to BBC and Speed w/Yamaha welcoming statement.
    2 questions now:
    Who will ride the Ducati?

After probably paying that much for Rossi how will Yamaha handle having him and Jorge on same team?

6. smonky

smonky
    Expand Collapse

me and a acquaintance at my work were pondering and came up with a truly evil spin on this rumor........

rossi funded by yamaha with factory bikes (not tec3) .....accompanied by....SPIES as a separate team.

7. DM47

DM47
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    ... here and there ...
    Nope. Go back and read the official press release from Yamaha. Either via the link I posted, or from any other source. Rossi and JL on the factory squad.

I seriously doubt we'll ever see Spies on a Yamaha again.

8. Lone Rider

Lone Rider
    Expand Collapse
    Streetfighter

Rossi attracts so much sponsor money he is a no brainer!!! Nevermind being the greatest GP rider evar!

9. fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred
    Expand Collapse

Rossi has turned into quite the lower, since he left Yamaha. It must mean it's the bike, not the rider.

10. Lone Rider

Lone Rider
    Expand Collapse
    Streetfighter

Uh FFF, He won what? 3 championships on a Honda before his Yammie time....,remember???
    Oh and then there were some more on Aprilias before that. And the Yamaha was a mess before him and Burgess got ahold of it. But yea, Yamaha has kicked butt in Motogp. 2 or 4 stroke. So your Av-like fanaticism has some validity....,

But yea its the bike....,Ducatis MotoGP bikes suck...,except that one time lol

11. fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred
    Expand Collapse

Even nicky-fucking-hayden won on a Honda. That was the year Honda bought the world championship for him. Half of all the bikes on the grid were on their pay roll, putting up an impenetrable wall for the weak kid.

Honda does make decent race bikes, but it never trickles down to their street bikes. They don't make a no holds barred super sport, always a good performing sport tourer that gets reworked for racing so grandpa will buy one, too.

#11 fastfoodfred, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  12. DGA

DGA
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The refreshed CBR1000RR is winning all the magazine shootouts with no real new technology on it, but solid engineering...is that not good enough?

13. Lone Rider

Lone Rider
    Expand Collapse
    Streetfighter

Nevermind FFF. Even I, a Honda Hater from wayyyy back, think all the recent CBR 1000's are great bikes.

PATOOIEW!!! Gack!!!! URRP!!!! What a nasty taste in my mouth...,complimenting Honda....,Jeeezz...,

14. fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred
    Expand Collapse

You would almost have to give a blow job to a homeless homo to get that taste out! And finish.

15. 96SN95GT

96SN95GT
    Expand Collapse

This thread is full of win!