Saturday Grilling

Discussion in 'Olympia' started by FootNote, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Alright, so saturday I will probably be doing two things. Painting the bike, and grilling some food.

The plan is to start painting around 1-2pm. I will probably get the prep work done friday. Grilling some time after I start/finish painting.

Basicly just hanging out having a good time. Not looking for a huge group but if anyone wants to swing by, swing on by. Free food, byob. Family friendly, I have a 17 month old, so nothing too stupid will be going on. Feel free to bring your dog, I know there is at least one person who brings her dog to the thrusday meet and greets. (Sorry, I cant remember names to save my life)

More then likely I will just have some simple stuff, burgers, dogs, possibly some short ribs. Feel free to bring anything else you want.

So in short:
    Just me working on the bike a bit, eating food. Open inventaion for anyone who wants to swing by and grab a bite to eat. Call/Test/PM me for address.

Mike
    727-609-1710

2. This bondo is taking wayyyyy to damn long to dry.

3. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2003 Copper SV1K
    Bondo should cure sandable in about 10-15 minutes....how long you been waiting??

If it's been longer than 30 minutes, it's probably not mixed right. Have to scrape it all off and start over. Improperly mixed bondo creates paint adhesion issues.

#3 RedKat600, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  4. I didn't do it right, scraped it all off pretty much right after I posted up.

Said fuck it, the small little dent isnt that bad and am painting now lol. Waiting for the first coat to dry up a bit.

5. Ok, photo time.

Stripped the bike of everything getting painted. Granted the motor really need a touch up.
    [​IMG]

Everything scuffed up and ready to paint.
    [​IMG]

Everything painted flat black, two coats. I need to see how it looks in the morning and then start planning out where the white will go.
    [​IMG]