close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shoei RF-1100

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by DGA, Oct 5, 2009.

1. DGA

DGA Moderator

2. CForce

CForce Retired

I've been extremely happy with my RF-1000 and considering another one. I may have to pull the trigger now, thanks for the heads-up!

3. OOk

OOk beansbaxter is too lazy to come up with something

I love my RF1000's but holy hell, why does Shoei have the worst helmet graphics on the market?! Do we really need that many swoopy tribal designs? Blech.

4. ...not as awesome as my Shark. 8)

5. +1

I sold my RF-1000 to purchase a Shark RSR2 and while the Shoei was nice, the Shark helmet owns.

Shoei needs to hire a new graphic artist for their helmets... ugh.

6. mjn

mjn Forum Admin Staff Member

Agreed...none of the graphics do anything for me at all.

7. i agree with the graphics comments... but they are so comfortable!

8. OOk

If they're that good I will have to try a shark on then. The RF1000 fits me so well it would be hard to imagine something even better.

9. sharks don't fit weird sized heads like the rf1000's.

10. OOk

Oh..... HEEEEY!

11. I have an egg shaped head and the RF1000 fits me like a glove. Love the helmet. My current one is a solid color and I could care less about grahics and designs.

The RF1200 is on my list for sure. In a solid color BTW!!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  12. I love the RF-1000, but this is the only graphics choice I like.... I would only buy a good helmet, if I liked the looks of it as well.

[​IMG]

That's why I want to buy this:

[​IMG]

13. RVFR

RVFR Pilot in Command

I agree, same with the X11. I tell ya, it's enough to make a guy switch to Arai. But maybe there's hope..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4O0tSuKWdc&feature=player_embedded

14. OOk

That thing is tits!! A bit loud for me for street riding, but I'd totally rock that on the track!

Prob is Arai's don't fit like Shoei's. :sad: Try Suomy, Jay. The Vandal model line fits almost exactly like an RF1000 for me, they have similar build quality and come with antifog screen. I would say the Vandal is pretty much on par with the RF1000 all around but is a bit cheaper, and lighter.

I crashed in this helmet, and would have repurchased it if they didnt discontinue it:

[​IMG]

So then I got this to replace it as my track helmet:

[​IMG]

/oops, sorry for the thread jack, op. :mrgreen:

15. RVFR

RVFR Pilot in Command

Hmm just did a bit of looking and found this one

maybe??

[​IMG]

16. OOk

17. OOk

Why does almost EVERY Shoei helmet have to have those stupid pointy, bottle opener hooks on them?!?! And wtf, glinty starbursts?! Really?! Ugh. (sorry, not meaning to rain on your parade, Jay!) :mrgreen:

18. I wish there was some sort of fitting machine you could stick your head into, and it would tell you which helmet would fit your shape best. I've tried on so many helmets... Most of them I can't get off my noggin fast enough. The only one that comes close is the Arai Profile, and that one, while it fits the top of my head, still crushes my nose...

19. I have 2 RF-1000 love them both.one red busa theme. one blue gsxr theme. just bought the joe rocket copper carbon fiber just for the color and I like that one to.