close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

so what happened to this place?

Discussion in 'Adventure Time' started by dakh, Dec 29, 2015.

1. I don't know exactly.
    But to say that that person is no longer here.

Debi likes this.
  2. I've been literally losing sleep over this, and I'm coming very close to a viable solution.

Some good points made in this thread, and there are many other good points that have been stated in past threads.

I know actions speak louder than words. But for now, I can only say I'm working through just a few more things.

Not too much longer. I promise.

SivartR1 likes this.

3. @beansbaxter, I hope you get your things sorted.

I for one will continue to check in - hopefully things will start spinning up again and there will be more than idle curiosity to keep me checking in.

4. DGA

DGA Moderator

Christ...not worth loosing sleep over Dan.

5. Simple, put it back the way it was and all will be well!:)
    Reincarnate this abomination and things will keep sliding.:mad:

6. The community is upset and I don't blame them.

The genesis of these problems are because of me and I'm going to own up to it. Some decisions I made didn't work out and the community is suffering tremendously. This royally sucks.

I'm so frustrated right now. I'm emotionally attached to this community and I'm going to fix this.

7. So. You're just going to "Fix it". Like last time?
    Daniel, you haven't asked ANYONE what the problem is.
    How are you going to fix this.
    Let me guess...You're going to just do what you think you should.
    Right?
    Worked out well last time. Might as well just go for it this time. Right?
    What's the worst that could happen?

How about some consensus among the members and mods
    How about letting go of some of the things you absolutely REFUSE to let go of.
    Since this abomination of a software has been implemented, almost all of the mods abilities have been removed.
    Only an admin can remove spammers from blogs.
    Only an Admin can help a new member join the site.

Jesus Daniel...we don't want you to "Fix" it. You already DID that.
    We want you to TALK about what to do.
    We are invested in this place too. It's not just you.
    We want you to Listen to the problems, and then be open to solutions. We don't want you to just issue your edicts.

I have to think the readership is down, what? 75%? 80%?

I can certainly see why.

Debi, smokedu and Dr. E like this.
  8. Dude, every time you show up and write this BS makes me want to leave. STFU and go away already. You've proven yourself to be the boy who cried wolf.

9. I want the "action" completed and done when I make my mega long post. But I will say I too am not a fan of this new forum software and the advertising on the site is way over the top and has diminished the user experience we once had.

If you don't believe me when I say I'm actively working through these problems, that's fine and I understand your position.

But I absolutely do care about this site and community and I refuse to stand by and not make a change. I'm sorry, that's all I can say at the moment. I will be saying much more in the next few days.

olyk12 likes this.
  10. It may come down to how much Beans can actually do.

While he is still an admin on the site, he is no longer the owner, at least from what I have seen. We won't be stepping backwards to the old software so that leaves us....IDK.

dragracer1951 likes this.
  11. I intend to address these points when I make my mega long post.

And that doesn't mean we can't go back to the old forum software.

12. So just do it.

13. Then you have no excuse not to.

14. Daniel, you play rope-a-dope far more than I could. Gotta give ya that.

15. Imma say this- I effectively left the site within a month of the software "update"...which sucks in several ways, meaning both the software, and my desire to leave. Didn't wanna...but its obvious I wasn't alone in making that decision. I just happened to poke my head in randomly today and this was the first thread I saw. Not surprised.
    On that note, if Daniel says he's gonna fix something, its gonna happen. It may take a while, but it gets done.

Does he have the ability to do what he wants? Dunno.

Will he deliver? Dunno, probably.

Will I be hanging on with baited breath? Realistically? No. But I will keep an eye on things, watching for positive change and updates from Daniel.

Will I be disappointed? Dunno.

Then again, all the responses from Daniel in this thread could be the result of someone hacking his account. Just sayin'...

16. I can't begin to tell everyone how affected I've been because of these drastic changes to the website. And I've had a flood of texts and messages from people in our community who are upset. And I don't blame them.

I made some mistakes. I'll admit that. And this community is now suffering horrendously and I'm going to right this wrong.

This community is more than just riders. It's our family and friends and I'm committed to making this good again.

Another (long) update to come. Very soon.

17. Hoping for some positive changes soon. This is currently not the place I
    used to enjoy hanging around and directing people too. Good luck.

Derick

dragracer1951 and Willow like this.
  18. This just may be one of the most interesting threads of the last year. Subscribed (if I can figure out how ;)).

19. I'm not nearly as emotionally attached to this forum as some, and certainly don't have the history others do.

Lots of posts kicking Beans in the beans. Sounds like the guy made a business decision that didn't work. That happens.

If it goes to shit it goes to shit and we can vote with our feet but I didn't pay anything to join the site. With no financial interest here I'll shrug if this forum dies. Why get all wadded up over it? If there is enough interest something else will take its place. If FB is the answer something else already has.

20. New guy as well, guess I just joined a few months too late. If things go to FB, I wouldn't mind. Most of my pictures and updates are there. But I have always liked forums where things are a little more organized. I'll keep an eye on this, hoping things get better for everyone.