close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sold the WR250R and bought a KTM 690

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by GS1200, Dec 8, 2014.

1. My wife's boss told her he was selling his 2013 KTM 690 Enduro. To make a long story short I put the WR in ADVRider classifieds and it quickly sold. I went from 24hp to 65 for $1,500.

The new bike has 3,200 miles on it and came with a bash plate, Kouba 1" link, luggage rack and tank bag. I just re-geared it and adjusted the suspension. I just ordered a radiator guard and a few other things.

By going from the WR to KTM I lost 1/2" of suspension travel, gained 30 pounds, lost a substantial sub-frame and I now have a 225 Watt stator instead of the WR's 300. But...I almost tripled my horsepower.

I'm getting it ready for a Arizona dual sport trip. This is how se looks now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. You will love the bike. I had a 690 for 4 years and loved it. Sold it to get a 500, but would have preferred to keep both.

3. +1 I agree. I am fortunate to have both still albeit a smc but the KTM will run circles around the wr250 in everything but the nastiest trails imo.

Congrats on a great find:mfclap: Looking forward to some pics and a ride report when you return. Have fun!

Derick

4. Wow what a beautiful bike! Absolutely jealous, thinking bout getting a WR250 on the side ;)

5. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Just needed a little more power, eh?! ;-) Congrats, very nice bike!

6. I would have loved to have kept the WR also but I already have 6 bikes and couldn't justify having two dual sports. The WR was really good to have when the going got rough. The one thing it lacked was power and this is why I made the move. I kept thinking Yamaha would come out with a WR450R. That would be the perfect dual sport for me at least. I even came close to buying a 450F and plating it.

7. The 690 is a jack off all trades. Your gonna love it I have a matching one

8. Love your posts, always love your bikes.
    Jealous of your coming trip!
    Need a baby sitter for the trials bike while you are gone?

9. lol

I know it was just a minor typo but I found it funny.

:mfclap:

10. Very cool bike. Congrats!