Something is off

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by orng99r6, Sep 20, 2012.

1. So I thought I would throw it up just to see. It seems that recently my bike hasn't felt right only in a certain rpm range. It is about 6-8k rpms and up maybe, the bike feels like it vibrates a ton and almost like it is out of rpms type feel. It still runs like a champ at lower rpm's and I don't notice it if I really get on it quick. Not sure if it has anything to do with my recent tire change or what. Any thoughts

2. That's a very vauge description. It's anyone's guess including nothing is wrong.

Have you tried riding outside of the Portland area? That might be the cause.

3. Check your motor mount bolts.

4. are you sure its related to rpm's? if you pull in the clutch at that speed does it stay with you?

With a recent tire change my first thought would be a wheel out of balance

5. The last couple comments are where I would start looking, engine mounts, or a out of balance wheel. At least would be where I start looking.

6. No it goes away when clutch is in, so that's why I haven't leaned toward the wheel. All in all the bike is fine, just seems a little different. I will figure it out I guess, very hard to explain.... My concern now is my car which actually broke down tonight. :scratchea