Speed Triple Mods - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by usmcgunnerm4, Apr 6, 2010.

1. usmcgunnerm4

usmcgunnerm4 Washington (VA)

I was looking at some of the Mods available for my Speed Triple (Yes, I still have it. Economy sucks, and trade in value sucks worse!) and came across this:
    [​IMG]

What do you think of the mods they have made?

For Comparison, this is my bike (or one identical anyway)

[​IMG]

Comments? Ideas?

2. I like the mirrors and belly pan. Your headlights are better. A gp exhaust would rock.

3. ya know I never like the rear fenders much but yours does look great on there. what about rear grab rails for spice... it'd add to the ass end look I'm sure... I have a set if you'd like to try 'em out for 'styling' and functionality purposes...
    BTW +1 on yours looking better than the one posted as an example above it...

4. Almost any mod is a win in my book. Stock motorcycles belong at the dealers.
    Dare to be different! Make it how you want it. Have fun with it, thats what it is all about right ?

I like the look of the white triple, though I am a huge fan of anything black too. (well black with a little orange is better) :evil4:

Unique FTW :mfclap:

5. pwb211

I like the clipons

6. gixxerjeff

gixxerjeff emw2k9 beer pong champions

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

7. DGA

DGA Moderator
    Staff Member

Since you already have a low-mount, light exhaust, the next thing is Ohlins, or Penske rear shock. Along with that get the front resprung and revalved. After that I would throw money at some light forged wheels. If you need your brakes done, get some wave rotors, they work well and look the part.

8. usmcgunnerm4

Funny.....I was thinking the same thing. :)

9. I LOVE triples..

here is a little inspiration:

Trail tech HID
    [​IMG]

Zard cans are pretty badass:
    [​IMG]

Racing seats?
    [​IMG]

Full daytona fairings:
    [​IMG]

Some rims maybe:
    [​IMG]

10. usmcgunnerm4

[​IMG]

These.....are beautiful

[​IMG]

This

and:

[​IMG]

maybe these.

If nothing else, I'll be re-springing the front and getting the Ohlins rear. Those Daytona fairings are enticing as well.

11. gixxerjeff

zomg...dooooooo iiiiiiiiiit!

12. pwb211

You been shaking down dealers? It seems this could get spendy quick

13. usmcgunnerm4

Yeah.....time is on my side. Looking at $5-7K for everything.

14. gixxerjeff

fuck that...sell your bike and use the money from the sell and the money for the mods and buy two bikes...duh!

15. usmcgunnerm4

Hehehe. Well, a Duc 998 is on my short list. But that Speed Triple has latched on to me. I <3 her.

16. If I got a speed triple,I would make it pretty similar to the white one. except I would go with a circular headlight.

17. Here's what I think, and you can take it or leave it, but hear me out.

We should put the motor from your Speed into my Daytona and work out a time share arrangement. Daytona 1050 FTMFW!!!

18. For realz, though:
    Suspension work is always a great place to put your money and get real tangible improvements.
    Light wheels as other have mentioned, too. Visually, I'm a big fan of carbon. Carbon anything you can. I love that belly pan, and a nice exhaust would round it out. Those bar-end mirrors are win.

My next mods are ASV levers and a double bubble windscreen, then it's power time.

I can't suggest much. Triples are pretty dern near perfect as it is! :mrgreen:

#19 DasBroose, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010