Speeding ticket...

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Soccerking, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Got a $200 speeding ticket today... Can I fight this in court? Any tips and advice would be really helpfull. Thanks guys. [​IMG]

2. did you admit to anything?

3. No, he asked, "do you know why I pulled you over today?" I said no? And then he told me I was going 55 in a 35... I didn't see any speed limit signs do I honestly didn't know the speed.

4. Did you get pulled over by Wilford Brimley?
    [​IMG]

Seriously, get an attorney, I believe there is an attorney referral thread on here somewhere, should be easy to find with a simple search.

#4 S1KRR, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. Did you ask him if he checked on his diabetes that day yet?

6. No, it was Dave Kingery.

Okay I'll start a search. This cops was a real dick too. He took my lisence and stuff went to his car, wrote the ticket, gave me the ticket and took off. Didn't even give me a chance to tell my side of the story...

7. You must be new here. Nice bike, should have got an 07/08 though more HP :)

[​IMG]

8. Your side of the story happens during your courtdate. Don't be a tard and get shot.

9. Yes, new here and what a warm welcome to Washington by this cop.

So do I check the mitigation hearing or contested hearing? Like I said I'm a couple of weeks fresh in Washington...

10. You planning on lawyering up or doing it yourself? Mitigation is you admit but want to explain circumstances. It's a crapshoot. Judge may be a monkey or may not be.

And just because you pick contested doesn't mean you can't change to guilty later. You can always plead guilty, there is no rush.

Your join date is aug 2012 so it may take you a couple years to learn to use the search function here. Good luck!

11. Texasl

Texasl Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge, 1988 H-D (Project) Electra-Glide
  12. Pay your fine and don't speed.

13. 200 for 20 over isn't bad. Lawyer up though.

14. I think I'm leaning towards the deferral system. Just going to pay the ticket and it won't show up on my insurance so it doesn't shoot up to the sky. :x

15. MichelinMan

MichelinMan Moderator
    Staff Member

Fuck that.

Fight. Every. Ticket.

16. If you are new to Washington, you are eligible for a deferral.

17. Especially if you've got insurance. I got a cheap ticket last month, but when it comes time to pay my annual insurance bill, I have a feeling I'm going to be kicking myself that I didn't contest the ticket.

From what I've seen on the forums, a lot of the lawyers around here can magically change the speeding ticket to a non-moving violation, which won't cause a spike in your insurance premium.

18. Of course, get another ticket within a year... and you're new here right? Lawyer up. Most likely it'll get changed into a non-moving violation. Possibly dropped, depending on the paperwork.

19. Yamacrab

Depends on the County

20. damn dude that sucks, ironic we were just talking about not having gotten tickets here yet. Looks like you won!

My advice, talk to a lawyer, in the end it will be cheaper to get it dropped by paying a lawyer than just bending over and letting the state stick it to you.